The Student Room Group

University of St Andrews A101 / ScotGEM 2023 Entry

Welcome to the University of St Andrews A101 / ScotGEM 2023 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subjects/medicine/scotgem-mbchb/

For entry requirements click:
https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subjects/medicine/scotgem-mbchb/entry-requirements/

Previous threads:
2020 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022684
2021 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560844
2022 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7109210

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck! :bl:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
Reply 2
Hello @04MR17 ! I am happy to be the OP for the ScotGEM 2023 thread:smile: I just submitted my application tonight, hope everyone else’s applications are going well!
Reply 3
Anybody confirmed the interview format this year? Website was still saying MMI in-person presumably in early January as in previous years; welcome email from uni to the contrary saying to expect online interviews between November and March, presumably on a rolling basis, which seemed to be a rather different format than MMI in previous years.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by YuriG
Anybody confirmed the interview format this year? Website was still saying MMI in-person presumably in early January as in previous years; welcome email from uni to the contrary saying to expect online interviews between November and March, presumably on a rolling basis, which seemed to be a rather different format than MMI in previous years.

I too have applied for 2023 entry and received confirmation email for my UCAS application. The mmi interview will be online they said, which is the same as what they did last year, although I did not get called for an interview last time. They did also say the interview are between November and March, but last year's interview were on 25th/26th/27th January. So I assume it will also be similar this time around. But we will wait and see :smile:
Reply 5
In the email they sent out today it looks like they are in person!
Original post by YuriG
Anyone heard anything back yet?
Reply 7
Original post by blueandgold
Anyone heard anything back yet?

Did you fill in the supplementary questionnaire sent to everybody yeah?

Beyond that no chance, GAMSAT results won't have been officially communicated from ACER yet
Reply 8
Im expecting it to be around the 25th-27th based on previous years, will those expecting GAMSAT marks let us know when scores are released?:smile:
Think someone said they came out today

Original post by 333pink
Im expecting it to be around the 25th-27th based on previous years, will those expecting GAMSAT marks let us know when scores are released?:smile:
Reply 10
Yes, they are out to candidates. However they also need to be officially communicated from ACER to the university, which is probably a separate process (and hence why there were ACER emails in October asking you to log in to your ACER account and tick the universities you want your results to be sent to).

I can't find a source for this but if I recall correctly, the results are communicated from ACER to the universities later this month. Presumably only after that can the university start the process of ranking folk, deciding the competitive cutoff (ie based on the number of interviews they want to offer compared to the spread of applicant GAMSAT scores) and so on.

To be honest though, we do have it a bit better than some undergrad applicants considering that some folk are getting interview invites on 2 weeks' notice whereas we already have been told a provisional date range that we can block out in the diary and start preparing for, over two months away.
Original post by YuriG
Did you fill in the supplementary questionnaire sent to everybody yeah?

Beyond that no chance, GAMSAT results won't have been officially communicated from ACER yet

Hopefully by the end of November they let us know about interview invites
Reply 12
Just got the interview email!!:smile:
Congrats!! Same here :smile:

Original post by 333pink
Just got the interview email!!:smile:
Reply 14
Original post by MintChoccy
Congrats!! Same here :smile:

congratulations!! I'm surprised by how early they came out this year, now time to prep:biggrin:
Also got an interview email! Very excited
Original post by 333pink
congratulations!! I'm surprised by how early they came out this year, now time to prep:biggrin:

Yeah I was surprised too especially with GAMSAT results released recently! I thought for a second they accidentally sent me a test email :colondollar:

Original post by arobrusker
Also got an interview email! Very excited

Congrats :smile:
What were your GAMSAT scores if you don’t mind me asking? Congrats to all who have got an interview! ☺️
Gamsat 59.3 - Interview
Reply 19
Original post by ginabpk
What were your GAMSAT scores if you don’t mind me asking? Congrats to all who have got an interview! ☺️

Got a 58 and got an interview!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending