The Student Room Group

Big storm coming!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Slowbro93
This made me really happy as a meteorologist!

Wow must be an interesting job!
Original post by JMR2017
Wow must be an interesting job!

It's good! I've been doing it for 2 years now, working at the University of Leeds. It does give you some really interesting perspectives on the publics view on weather, and what gets people talking :smile:
It's really YELLOW at TSR Towers :eek:
It's good! I've been doing it for 2 years now, working at the University of Leeds. It does give you some really interesting perspectives on the publics view on weather, and what gets people talking :smile:

Were you disappointed at the distinct lack of actual meteors when first starting your job?
Original post by Dez
This feels like some sort of viral marketing stunt for Tango.

Yes, if Tango counts as one of the horsemen of the apocalypse.

We await your forecast with interest! How bad is it going to get?
Original post by Captain Jack
It's really YELLOW at TSR Towers :eek:

That colour doesn't go well with Brighton. :nah:
Oh, so it wasn't just around here then. It looked sick.
the sky here is greenish yellow and the sun was reddish/orange.It is beautiful.
Reply 49
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Yes, if Tango counts as one of the horsemen of the apocalypse.

It could probably make a decent stand-in for Pestilence. :yes:
Reply 50
This is mad cool, for some reason it reminds me of how I always pictured Oceania from 1984 - dull and boring.
Reply 51
Original post by moonkatt
The sky's gone a funny orange/red colour here in Birmingham, apparently it's dust from the Sahara that this storm's blown up with it

Down in Devon, the sun was orange as anything it was almost post-apocalyptic this morning, and rather humid and warm too, considering its mid-October!
We have a full red moon over my uni, sky's just foggy though
Original post by Fullofsurprises
We await your forecast with interest! How bad is it going to get?

It cleared up here a few hours ago, so the same should be happening with London :smile:
We had yellow sky this morning but a lot of rain and not too much wind, does this mean its not hitting us :ahee:
Original post by moonkatt
The sky's gone a funny orange/red colour here in Birmingham, apparently it's dust from the Sahara that this storm's blown up with it

I thought the sun had turned into a red giant.

Tory Britain :rofl:
Or Mad Max

In London- Bedford the sky is so red and the sun keeps changing colour and I thought the apocolipse was coming :mwuaha::mob::troll:
In Oxford there was a distinctly yellow cast to the sky, and it threatened massive amounts of rain without producing.

Rather like a Renaissance Dutch seascape.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending