The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

Buckingham Medical School 2018 - Reading List

Hey people,

I am lucky enough to have an offer to Buckingham medical school starting this January. I was wondering what sort of textbooks I should be looking at buying / using for the upcoming years.

Mainly asking as I know if I get a reading list (one has not yet been supplied) some of the books may be more useful than others.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should be looking at?
Reply 1
Original post by Dclark95
Hey people,

I am lucky enough to have an offer to Buckingham medical school starting this January. I was wondering what sort of textbooks I should be looking at buying / using for the upcoming years.

Mainly asking as I know if I get a reading list (one has not yet been supplied) some of the books may be more useful than others.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should be looking at?

Hi, I got a call for MMI. Can you give me some idea please ?
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
Reply 2
What do you mean give you some idea? As in how the interview process runs?
Reply 3
Original post by Dclark95
What do you mean give you some idea? As in how the interview process runs?

Well as far as I know it’s MMI stations. That’s all. I wanted to know how many minutes gap between stations and how many stations are there! And what’s the stations are all about etc
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Sharini
Well as far as I know it’s MMI stations. That’s all. I wanted to know how many minutes gap between stations and how many stations are there! And what’s the stations are all about etc

I think I had 11 stations plus rest station. There is very little time between stations, so you have to mentally move on quite quickly.

Stations involve - some maths, communicating with a patient, prioritising tasks, thinking of multiple uses for something, watching GP consultations and testing your memory. All fairly standard stuff.

You have to go in confident and totally forget the station you just did, regardless of whether it went well or badly. It's all about good communication and thinking on your feet.
Reply 5
Thank you so much. I am an International student. Thanks for your help. Hope you are enjoying your days in Buckingham. I really liked the small village and the University when I went there.
Just wanted to ask if there were stations involving personal questions like why medicine? About the personal statement and previous experiences?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending