The Student Room Group

German government wants backdoor access to every digital device

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Well how else are they going to monitor and sensor all the hate-criminals criticising Merkel's immigration policies?
Theresa May has been trying to get the same thing g done since she became HomeSec as have her counterparts from all across the West...

The public still seem to think that engineering easy access to systems that would compromise the security of pretty much every service they use is okay because hurry durrr much terrroisms...
It is imperative that Her Majesty's Government be able (at any time) to view the contents of my fridge.

This power should be extended beyond the security services and should include such august bodies as local authority parking warden services, the people who paint the Forth Bridge, the British Airports Authority (there might be terrorists lurking in my freezer box) and Porton Down. (In case they want to use my fridge to test bioweapons.)

Very, very sensible stuff.
Reply 4
Original post by mojojojo101
The public still seem to think that engineering easy access to systems that would compromise the security of pretty much every service they use is okay because hurry durrr much terrroisms...

There is a gross double standard with the general public, though, in that every time an attack happens there will be a significant cry of "why didn't we know about it?!". These kind of measures are the inevitable reaction to those cries.

It's not the governments that need educating on the matter, it's the public.
As said when May and Rudd made noises about it, or when Australia decided their laws superseded those of mathematics - you can't do this without getting rid of end-to-end encryption, you do that and you crash the online economy. Bad idea
Reply 6
Invasion of privacy dont ya think
sounds like a dodgy movie "German Backdoor Access IV..."
Original post by dazee__
Invasion of privacy dont ya think

Of course it is.

The CIA already do this, with big corporations willingly cooperating, such as Google, Apple and Microsoft.
Original post by Chaz254
Of course it is.

The CIA already do this, with big corporations willingly cooperating, such as Google, Apple and Microsoft.

I'm not sure how willing these tech companies are actually.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/30/us/amazon-echo-arkansas-murder-case-dismissed/index.html

In this case, Amazon only handed over the Echo speaker's voice recordings after the defendant made it clear he supported the move.
This is just a precursor to the great genocide when they send out AI kill bots to search and destroy 90% of the world's population.
Problem with bio-weapons is they are indiscriminate. The elites are obviously going to need some slaves and some to maintain the machines, but once AI tips the balance in favour of the elite then it's curtains for humanity. Even Putin has said this.
Successive governments have been trying to do this not understanding that there is no concept technologically of a secret backdoor. Something either is secure or it is not. Adding a back door simply provide and invitation to hackers.
Original post by Chaz254
Of course it is.

Original post by Fullofsurprises
It is imperative that Her Majesty's Government be able (at any time) to view the contents of my fridge.

This power should be extended beyond the security services and should include such august bodies as local authority parking warden services, the people who paint the Forth Bridge, the British Airports Authority (there might be terrorists lurking in my freezer box) and Porton Down. (In case they want to use my fridge to test bioweapons.)

Very, very sensible stuff.

It’s the principle of it, and what the practice is going to open doors to in the future. When I express my views on the matter others just exclaim that I must be up to no good. I remember when the finger print sensors came out on phones I made a point of saying to my family etc I would be very, very surprised if people’s finger print data from their phones are not being passed on to other authorities etc (of course they’d never admit it though). To which their response to me was, jokingly, have I left any fingerprint at any crime scenes recently :laugh:

Now these Alexa and other home devices are coming out and I just know that it’s another form of spying on people. Peoples responses are well unless you’re a terrosit they won’t care, but do they not realise the people that are terrorists are intelligent - it takes planning etc. Do they think genuine terrosits would be that stupid do have a listening device in their home?! Just an excuse to justify it and of course they’ll be using the other information they get from it in some way.
Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending