The Student Room Group

Supreme Court permits full enforcement of Trump's Travel Ban

Scroll to see replies

Aren’t the countries on the list countries that have had some form of political or social instability in the last 5 years or so with extremism? Isn’t the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia making changes towards their very conservative ideologies...Women learning to drive and so on? I’m just asking..
I mean, it's just imbecilic policy of the highest order.
Original post by Conceited
I mean, it's just imbecilic policy of the highest order.

Why is it an imbecile policy?
Original post by ChrisCarib97
Why is it an imbecile policy?

Mostly because it's not even a 'muslim' ban given it does not include Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Egypt etc and seemingly doesn't do anything to protect American citizens. It's nonsense to appeal to a certain demographic.
Mostly because it's not even a 'muslim' ban given it does not include Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Egypt etc and seemingly doesn't do anything to protect American citizens. It's nonsense to appeal to a certain demographic.

So you’re saying it should be a Muslim ban and it should include Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Indonesia and Egypt? What do you suggest to be done to protect American citizens?
So you’re saying it should be a Muslim ban and it should include Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Indonesia and Egypt? What do you suggest to be done to protect American citizens?

I am not saying that, although making it so that those countries are also included would make more sense. I have no solution but recognise the stupidity of the policy. Most American terrorists are, well, American and the 9/11 attackers were mainly Saudis. As I've said, it's no more than an appeal to a certain demigraphic.
I am not saying that, although making it so that those countries are also included would make more sense. I have no solution but recognise the stupidity of the policy. Most American terrorists are, well, American and the 9/11 attackers were mainly Saudis. As I've said, it's no more than an appeal to a certain demigraphic.

Is some form of solution no matter how seemingly weird, better than no solution at all? Isn’t there some form of intelligence going on to combat internal terrorism with the FBI and local police force going on? I agree more countries who have had instability and increased extremist ideologies should make more sense. I am on neither side because I do not know the full facts of all sides of the situation. I am just asking questions and trying to make sense of what others are saying.
(edited 6 years ago)
Is some form of solution no matter how seemingly weird, better than no solution at all? Isn’t there some form of intelligence going on to combat internal terrorism with the FBI and local police force going on? I agree more countries who have had instability and increased extremist ideologies should make more sense. I am on neither side because I do not know the full facts of all sides of the situation. I am just asking questions and trying to make sense of what others are saying.

Not when it ultimately amounts to nothing.
Not when it ultimately amounts to nothing.

From what I’ve been seeing Venezuelans are allowed immigration except for political leaders and their families because of what they have put their people through. Sudan was on the travel ban but the government of Sudan and the US have come to agreement on increased screenings although it was categorized as a sponsor of terrorism initially. Iran and Syria are on the list because they are considered “sponsors of terrorism”. Libya with its slave trade and so on is understandable. If a country on the list is not a “sponsor of terrorism”, it is a country that doesn’t share adequate information. The only country I do not understand that is in the ban is Chad. I don’t really think that the ban amounts to nothing. It can just be a small step to countering terrorism. Making sure governments know where you stand on an issue and that you’re serious about it. Either you share information about what is going on in your country and get your political and socioeconomic affairs in order or get an immigration lock. I think there are bigger fish to fry, maybe more evidence needs to be gathered?
(edited 6 years ago)
Well done trump, making america great again! The only thing useful Obama did was putting that list together :wink:
:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending