The Student Room Group

BA Journalism Interview at LCC (UAL)

Hi, I've got an interview in Feb. they've asked for a 500 word essay on why I want to be a journalist, which I can totally handle. The thing I'm worried about is the actual interview part. I've never had any interviews before so I don't really know what to expect. Will they talk about the essay? Will they want me to take in examples of my work from college? Will it be an 'informal' interview? Will it be a group interview?

I'm..well painfully shy at times, so I'm sure you can imagine my panic.
Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Wow you got an interview with them :frown: they rejected me for photography before an interview :frown: and im aimed at AABB :frown:cant help you on what to write though, sorry.
Reply 2
I have an interview for UAL for Journalism as well in a week. I've been asked to write a 500 word essay also. I'd suggest taking some sample work of journalistic pieces you've written.
Reply 3
Disko
I have an interview for UAL for Journalism as well in a week. I've been asked to write a 500 word essay also. I'd suggest taking some sample work of journalistic pieces you've written.

I haven't written any significant journalism pieces, worth handing in. I was hoping the essay in itself would be enough.

They didn't ask me to bring any work except the essay.

I'll just take the essay and hope they don't ask for any of my work :s-smilie: :frown: :s-smilie:

Good luck everyone, like the OP i am really nervous about the interview.
Reply 4
How did the interview go?

Latest

Trending

Trending