The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Is Middlesex a good Uni???

Scroll to see replies

hi if you can help me with this uni, how is data science and the overall location and getting part time and full time jobs
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Original post by sachinbennehalli
hi if you can help me with this uni, how is data science and the overall location and getting part time and full time jobs

Hey,

Glad you're interested in studying Data Science at Middlesex!

The university is situated in Hendon which is less than half an hour up the Northern Line from Central London. From the campus, you’ll also find a wide variety of shops where you can stock up on groceries and household goods. You’ll also be within walking distance of some of north-west London’s best food and entertainment, or you can head over to Brent Street shopping centre for a taste of international flavour or a spot of shopping.

In terms of securing part time and full time jobs, the university has a dedicated employability team called MDXWorks who are on campus to help you secure part time roles/ internships whilst you study, and also prepare you for the world of work after you graduate. You can find out more about MDXWorks here: https://unihub.mdx.ac.uk/employment/mdxworks.

If you would like to gain more insight into the MSc Data Science course and life of campus at Middlesex why not attend the next Open Evening on Wednesday 25th March 2020. You can book your place here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/study-with-us/postgraduate/visit-a-postgraduate-open-event.

Hope this is helpful! :smile:

Harpal
Hey, I got the offer from Middlesex University and Nottingham Trent University for Masters in computer science sept intake. Confused between which one to choose. And can u give me information regarding the Middlesex university hows it for a computer science course.
Original post by vikas007
Hey, I got the offer from Middlesex University and Nottingham Trent University for Masters in computer science sept intake. Confused between which one to choose. And can u give me information regarding the Middlesex university hows it for a computer science course.

Hey,

Glad to hear that you're considering Middlesex as your choice for MSc Computer Science. You can find out many of the great benefits of studying MSc Computer Science at Middlesex here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/computer-science.

Hope this helps and best of luck with your choice :smile:

Harpal
I have a question, is consider a foundation year a degree level at Middlesex university?
Original post by aleksander88
I have a question, is consider a foundation year a degree level at Middlesex university?

Hi,

I belive foundation year is not considered as an degree itself. Foundation year courses prepare you for degree level study. The foundation year is for you if:

-you feel you are not yet ready for degree-level study
-you do not have the right qualifications for a full degree
-you are returning to study and feel you need some help to get up to speed with the demands of learning before embarking on a degree.

I hope it helps. If you have more questions feel free to ask them.

Best, Alex :smile:
Original post by aleksander88

A foundation year is also a year of study to see what exactly you're good at. Some students aren't sure what they are good at and that's why a foundation year is there, to think about what's offered to you. Some students go to university to study for a degree and drop out, because they've lost interest in a certain course and feel like it wasn't for them. It does help taking a foundation year, even considering that fees are rather costly to study now a days.
ohh job
ohhhh gob good
Original post by Middlesex University
Hello Pigeon,

My name is Ludovica and I am currently studying at Middlesex!
I did my bachelor here and I am doing a Masters :smile:

I am loving my time here, there is so much to get involved in: from sports, to societies, to jobs and volunteering opportunities.
The students union is very active so there are loads of way to make friends :smile: The freshers fair is the best time of the year to make friends, so make sure you join in!
In terms of the teaching, it is a good mix between theory and practice!
You will have assessments, exams and work placements :smile:

Do you have any other question?
I am happy to help!

Have a great day
Ludovica

ohhhh gob
thank you good
Looooool. Your absolutely scathingly honest opinions of your uni are funny. I went to UEL so I can relate. the atmosphere being demonic or cursed is a notch up from UEL though looooooooool. We had SWP around in each year I was there as well. Except I was actually involved at times and didn't find them that bad. I've applied to Middlesex for an MRes to start this September so guess I'll find out. The professor who I've contacted is well regarded in our field though and hes the main reason I've applied. Doesn't the uni have a su bar though? Isn't that fun sometimes?
Original post by Bongo Bongo
Looooool. Your absolutely scathingly honest opinions of your uni are funny. I went to UEL so I can relate. the atmosphere being demonic or cursed is a notch up from UEL though looooooooool. We had SWP around in each year I was there as well. Except I was actually involved at times and didn't find them that bad. I've applied to Middlesex for an MRes to start this September so guess I'll find out. The professor who I've contacted is well regarded in our field though and hes the main reason I've applied. Doesn't the uni have a su bar though? Isn't that fun sometimes?

Hello, Bongo Bongo
Thank you for your question, my name is Rebecca I am a student ambassador for Middlesex University. We do have a bar which is currently being renovated in MDX House, MDXSU also holds club night events in MDXHouse such as a halloween club night or a roller disco.
https://www.mdxsu.com/
If you have any more questions feel free to message me. :smile:
Original post by Bongo Bongo

Hello, Bongo Bongo
Thank you for your question, my name is Rebecca I am a student ambassador for Middlesex University. We do have a bar which is currently being renovated in MDX House, MDXSU also holds club night events in MDXHouse such as a halloween club night or a roller disco.
https://www.mdxsu.com/
If you have any more questions feel free to message me. :smile:
Reply 33
Hi,

I will be taking international tourism management at mdx this sept 2023 as an International student. I would like to know if the academic in this sector have a great quality, also I really want to secure a sponsorship visa. Will the mdx be able to assist me, knowingly that this is not a demanding program?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending