The Student Room Group

Tesco Black box

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with Tesco black box? How much(ish) have top up miles been to buy

- Not interested in what RoyalSheepy or IWMTom has to say, so don’t come on my thread thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Fighter365
Can anyone tell me about their experiences with Tesco black box? How much(ish) have top up miles been to buy

- Not interested in what RoyalSheepy or IWMTom has to say, so don’t come on my thread thanks :smile:

eyes_1f440.png

Top up miles are related to your premium, so no one can really answer that.
Original post by Fighter365

I got my policy out in November and it's costs me around 1.8k. I'm a new driver under 21 and used my mom's clubcard (which I recommend as it brings the price down a little.) I was with Morethan for 2 weeks but I'll not talk about how crap they are. I think my excess is around £600 and I get 6,000 miles (which I think is the minimum otherwise I have no clue why I would have gotten that much)

My bonus mile prices are as follows;
- 250 miles = £55.18
- 500 miles = £110.38
- 1000 miles = £220.75
- 2000 miles = £441.50

You also get bonus miles each month up to 100 miles. Since I've started I've been getting the full 100 but I do lots of motorway driving so don't really have room to speed/erratic driving.

Customer service is pretty decent too, from speaking to them so I do recommend. Hope this helps!
I’ve had no problems with them over the past year I think I paid about £1.2k and have a £500 excess and get 6000 miles but I do around 600miles a month on it (nearly 3000 miles alone since September) and still have over 3000 miles left due to the bonus miles so it works out good and they are very lenient when it comes to speeding unlike more than who have cancelled two of my friends policy’s due to speeding.
Original post by Fresher18
I’ve had no problems with them over the past year I think I paid about £1.2k and have a £500 excess and get 6000 miles but I do around 600miles a month on it (nearly 3000 miles alone since September) and still have over 3000 miles left due to the bonus miles so it works out good and they are very lenient when it comes to speeding unlike more than who have cancelled two of my friends policy’s due to speeding.

More than are actually the worst insurer I've ever seen, they're cheap but it's honestly not worth the hassle. I'd hate to have to make a claim off them, I'm not surprised your friends have had problems.
Original post by retardis
More than are actually the worst insurer I've ever seen, they're cheap but it's honestly not worth the hassle. I'd hate to have to make a claim off them, I'm not surprised your friends have had problems.

I'd hate to make a claim of any insurer. Most of them suck at it.

As an Apprentice most of my fellow cohort have had black boxes back when they were 1st years, couple with morethan one with tesco. The Tesco guy simply stopped driving to work once he'd hit his extremely low limit of 6k. I don't know the full breakdown, but he said another 100 miles would have cost him £49. Insane. I've done 1100 miles in the past MONTH, and they were reasonably necessary journeys, car-sharing where possible. Cheaper to get a bloody uber in some cases than pay for top up miles.
Reply 6
Original post by nevershear

As an Apprentice most of my fellow cohort have had black boxes back when they were 1st years, couple with morethan one with tesco. The Tesco guy simply stopped driving to work once he'd hit his extremely low limit of 6k. I don't know the full breakdown, but he said another 100 miles would have cost him £49. Insane. I've done 1100 miles in the past MONTH, and they were reasonably necessary journeys, car-sharing where possible. Cheaper to get a bloody uber in some cases than pay for top up miles.

Why is life like this
Original post by nevershear

I did placement for 3 months and racked up a fair amount of miles, 6k wouldn't be enough as a full time worker. I'm at uni now so pretty okay and they bonus miles help. It's all a con really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending