Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
there must be large rooms and dodgy rooms in each hall
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
From what I've seen so far, Ancaster probably has the better accommodation! Although, I have yet to see every room in every hall to make a valid judgement that Ancaster is the best hall.
Reply 62
Is there anyone who's applied for accommodation who can tell me if Cripps and Hu Stu are still available?

I'm guessing they're probably not... :frown:
Lenton & Wortley all the way! As soon as Durham give me my rejection, I'll be going for that :biggrin:

You've not yet decided what you'll do then Mark?
Reply 64
markdr
Is there anyone who's applied for accommodation who can tell me if Cripps and Hu Stu are still available?

I'm guessing they're probably not... :frown:

They are still available but it really depends on what room type you're after.

B:smile:
Reply 65
BrenLee
They are still available but it really depends on what room type you're after.
Thanks. :smile: How about single study rooms?
Reply 66
markdr
Thanks. :smile: How about single study rooms?

Not a problem, loads left.

Reply 67
It's 2 weeks today since i applied for accom, but still no word.. anyone else hear anything yet?
Reply 68
If you applied online you should have received this auto email...

"Dear Applicant

Your application has been received successfully.

You do not need to do anything more as your application is now being processed. Offers will be mailed out from 1st April 2008. Allocations are made on a first-come-first-served basis, ie in date order of application.

Thank you

Nottingham Hospitality
Accommodation Services
The University of Nottingham
Tel: +44 (0) 115 9513697
Fax: +44 (0) 115 9513670
Minicom: +44 (0) 115 8467938

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS."
Reply 69
Thanks BrenLee, but i got a different email - possibly because i have an unconditional offer?

Dear Applicant

Your application has been received successfully.

You do not need to do anything more as your application is now being processed. We will contact you with regard to your application within 2 weeks. Allocations are made based on the date of your application.

Thank you

Nottingham Hospitality
Accommodation Services
The University of Nottingham
Tel: +44 (0) 115 9513697
Fax: +44 (0) 115 9513670
Minicom: +44 (0) 115 8467938

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
Reply 70
Seema135
Thanks BrenLee, but i got a different email - possibly because i have an unconditional offer?

Wow you applied early! 10:25 on the 1st Feb!

uhm...you caught us with our pants down. When the application form opened we had forgotten to change the automatic email from the previous year so you got an old one. We changed that same day but you beat us to the punch. The one I posted last time was the one you should have received.

Sorry about that!

B:redface:
Reply 71
I also received the email telling me i'd hear back within 2 weeks... got me quite worried. I guess if I applied at about 10.20 i'm guaranteed my first choice?
Reply 72
Quick question. If i apply for accomodation by next wednesday (after i've decided), do you reckon i'll get my first choice accomodation? I don't want an en-suite so that's okay on that front...
Reply 73
argh who's applying for BGP?
Reply 74
Joe555
Quick question. If i apply for accomodation by next wednesday (after i've decided), do you reckon i'll get my first choice accomodation? I don't want an en-suite so that's okay on that front...

If you're applying for rooms in the Halls, then you should be ok as the majority of halls still have places now and we're one month into our second semester :smile:.
Reply 75
I was just wondering if anybody knew off the top of their heads what sort of accommodation matches my needs at Nottingham! I haven't received all my offers yet so I can't bring myself to trawl through all the details of the halls until I hear back from everywhere so it would be good if one of you people already knew! (you all seem to be quite knowledgeable about all the different places you can stay!)

Basically, I would like:
Bedroom of my own!
Self catered
A basin in the room! (do they do that at Notts? :s-smilie:)
Don't mind sharing bathroom and kitchen/dining room :smile:

I think that's it! If you know off the top of your head a place like that it would be very helpful!
Thanks for your help!
Reply 76
Are a postgraduate or undergraduate?

Reply 77
Ooh good point - should have written that! Undergraduate :smile:
Reply 78
Broadgate Park, Single study Flat is probably your best bet.

When completing your application you will come to a section called " Students with specific personal requirements" select yes and enter that you need a wash basin in your room. There are no guarantees but this is the only hope you have of getting one. Be warned though there aren't many with a wash basin available!

Reply 79
Thanks for the help BrenLee! That was a lot more information than I was expecting and I'm very grateful! :smile:

EDIT: I've just looked on the accommodation website and that's just what I'm after! Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending