The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

The Keele Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by djhfakjeh
I just personally don't like it, there's not really a proper reason lol. I would rather climb stairs than have ground floor

You say that now, you may regret it at 3am on your way back from the SU
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 241
Received my accommodation; in Lindsay hall LIN TAYLOR 17, a Classic Plus. Looking to find my neighbours and get more info on the room (what it looks like, how big the bed is etc) :smile: xx
how are the ensuite and wardrobes in barnes z? do I have space to fold clothes in the wardrobe or do I have to hang everything? do I need to buy a shower caddy to stick to the shower wall or is there already one? basically a run down of a barnes ensuite superior room and bathroom lol. ty
Reply 243
No it was a preference but they said all of them are full now.
But I changed to shared flats at Z block.
Any thoughts on that?
Are they like houses with 4 rooms on each floor? and do you know how many bathrooms there will be?
Original post by 04MR17
Take the Horwood room. Lovely place.

Is there a medical reason you need an en-suite, or just a preference?
Original post by kia8032
Any thoughts on that?
Are they like houses with 4 rooms on each floor? and do you know how many bathrooms there will be?

Original post by kia8032
Any thoughts on that?
Ensuite isn't worth the extreme rise in price in my view.

Always far better to go for a non-ensuite with a big kitchen and more space than to spend more for a smaller room that has a caravan-plastic bathroom attached. This advice or comment is true for every uni.

Z sheds are a good laugh, you'll definitely save money. Unfortunately there is a wee bit of uphill to walk to get there, but it's close to the SU and KPA and the library, which is all useful. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
how are the ensuite and wardrobes in barnes z? do I have space to fold clothes in the wardrobe or do I have to hang everything? do I need to buy a shower caddy to stick to the shower wall or is there already one? basically a run down of a barnes ensuite superior room and bathroom lol. ty
Folding clothes - yes from memory there should be room. But I've only been in one once.

Don't buy things like that before you come. Arrive, and then pop to Newcastle in the first week and get what you need in Pound land. :wink:
hi I'm in Lindsay hall Lin Taylor 107 a standard ensuite anyone what that looks like I can't find it on the website anywhere
Original post by Living the life
hi I'm in Lindsay hall Lin Taylor 107 a standard ensuite anyone what that looks like I can't find it on the website anywhere

Ah you're in Taylor House, one of the best views on campus :smile:
I knew someone who lived there and she never had anything negative to say.

What information do you need?
Original post by 04MR17

what about the smell? apparently Lindsey smells like a farm lol
what about the smell? apparently Lindsey smells like a farm lol

Depends which way the wind is blowing :wink:
Lindsay is next to a farm, you can see the cows in the morning.
If the wind is blowing the other way, you can smell it at the back of Holly Cross.
Just a reminder that you're studying in the countryside. :u:
Reply 250
Is there any information on Horwood En-suite rooms, cant find any photos of them.
Original post by 04MR17
Depends which way the wind is blowing :wink:
Lindsay is next to a farm, you can see the cows in the morning.
If the wind is blowing the other way, you can smell it at the back of Holly Cross.
Just a reminder that you're studying in the countryside. :u:

ohh its next to a farm! would be nice to see cows every morning ngl. I've heard great things about Keele hall, cant wait to see it!
I think I might have gotten it wrong haha it says Lin T 107, a standard ensuite, is that Block T or Taylor house? I was just wondering if there was any pictures because there isn't any on the website as it says there was a limited number of these room types available so they weren't able to be selected as a preference option so im not sure how they look.

Original post by 04MR17

Original post by Living the life
I think I might have gotten it wrong haha it says Lin T 107, a standard ensuite, is that Block T or Taylor house? I was just wondering if there was any pictures because there isn't any on the website as it says there was a limited number of these room types available so they weren't able to be selected as a preference option so im not sure how they look.

Not sure, I doubt there are 100 rooms in Taylor House, but I've been in T block once and I don't remember there being an ensuite.

I remember T block being quite clean, decent kitchens and very close to the science buildings and library on campus. Some funny steps/ramp into bedrooms from the corridor though I seem to remember.
Original post by 04MR17
Not sure, I doubt there are 100 rooms in Taylor House, but I've been in T block once and I don't remember there being an ensuite.

I remember T block being quite clean, decent kitchens and very close to the science buildings and library on campus. Some funny steps/ramp into bedrooms from the corridor though I seem to remember.

Ugh should’ve put Lindsey first then, going to study biomed and in barnes Z. I’m worried that it’s too far from everything what do you think
Ugh should’ve put Lindsey first then, going to study biomed and in barnes Z. I’m worried that it’s too far from everything what do you think

Campus is half an hour end to end on foot. Nothing is far away. :lolwut:

If you want far away just look at a city uni where you need to get a bus to lectures.

Quick Reply

Latest