The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

The Keele Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

@04MR17

Got my accom offer today, they said I need to reply within 3 days. Just to check, thats just the deadline to reply and not for the deposit, right?
Thanks!
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by gamendes
@04MR17

Got my accom offer today, they said I need to reply within 3 days. Just to check, thats just the deadline to reply and not for the deposit, right?
Thanks!
Correct.:smile:
@gamendes

That's right - you've got 3 days in which to accept your offer on the accommodation portal, but you've got until the end of August to pay the deposit :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
@gamendes

That's right - you've got 3 days in which to accept your offer on the accommodation portal, but you've got until the end of August to pay the deposit :smile:

Original post by 04MR17
Correct.:smile:

Cheers guys!
Hi,

I’m a very social person and enjoy partying etc which hall should I be going for?

Thanks
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by omerbaba1998
Hi,

I’m a very social person and enjoy partying etc which hall should I be going for?

Thanks
My gut instinct said Horwood :tongue:

Honestly any of them..Holly Cross/Oaks tend to be a little quieter.

Barnes and Linsay are the ones with bars in id that's something you'd be interested in. There's no guarantee you'll have flatmates who share your partying interests though.:redface:
Original post by omerbaba1998
Hi,

Thanks

Just to echo what 04MR17 said, Horwood has a reputation for being a social hall, particularly since it is the closest one to the students union. The older blocks of Barnes also seem fairly social, whereas Lindsay and Holly Cross & the Oaks tend to be preferred by quieter students. That said, there's no guarantee you'll be living with people who share your lifestyle or interests, so choosing the halls which best suit you in terms of cost, room type etc makes the most sense in my opinion :smile:
To reminisce, I remember the Horwood group chat last year mainly consisting of which block was pre drinks in that night.:rolleyes:
if anyone is looking for a Studio flat for Keele 2018/19, I am giving one for £105/115 a week. it is the cheapest offer out of the whole building as prices have increased for Urban Student Life - Keele House. you don’t want to miss out :smile: contact me asap
Reply 29
I’ve received an unconditional offer for year 2 of Law at Keele (I’m transferring from another uni)...I didn’t get my first choice of accomodation (Lindsay) and got offered Barnes New instead....was wondering if many second year students stay in on campus accomodation or is it entirely first years?
Original post by aali365
I’ve received an unconditional offer for year 2 of Law at Keele (I’m transferring from another uni)...I didn’t get my first choice of accomodation (Lindsay) and got offered Barnes New instead....was wondering if many second year students stay in on campus accomodation or is it entirely first years?

I'm in a similar situation to you in that I'm transferring to year 2 Computer Science from another Uni. Though I haven't received my accommodation offer yet.

1st year and final year students get on campus accommodation prority. Thus regular 2nd year students normally live off campus. I emailed accommodation earlier this year to ask whether people in our situation would be classed as "1st year" students since it's our 1st year at Keele, even if we're entering the 2nd year of the course. The answer is yes, we should be counted as 1st year students. If your course is a regular 3 year course, then next year you'll be classed as a "final year" student, and get on campus accommodation priority then too.
Original post by aali365

Original post by giosanti
I'm in a similar situation to you in that I'm transferring to year 2 Computer Science from another Uni. Though I haven't received my accommodation offer yet.

1st year and final year students get on campus accommodation prority. Thus regular 2nd year students normally live off campus. I emailed accommodation earlier this year to ask whether people in our situation would be classed as "1st year" students since it's our 1st year at Keele, even if we're entering the 2nd year of the course. The answer is yes, we should be counted as 1st year students. If your course is a regular 3 year course, then next year you'll be classed as a "final year" student, and get on campus accommodation priority then too.
If it helps, @Leviathan1741 also lived on campus for second year, as did another of my friends, and I know 2 more people who will be living on campus next year for their second year of study.:smile:
Reply 32
Oh ok so probably hardly any second years lol...hopefully u do get Accomodation on campus

(Original post by giosanti)I'm in a similar situation to you in that I'm transferring to year 2 Computer Science from another Uni. Though I haven't received my accommodation offer yet.

Anyone in bar y 29/5 (new Barnes)
Anyone going to be in Lindsay Court? :tongue:
Hi! Any help? Just got my accommodation offer for Horwood washbasin A however I applied for linsey and holly cross and the oaks ensuite?!? Is this a temp thing?
Original post by KMSholly
Hi! Any help? Just got my accommodation offer for Horwood washbasin A however I applied for linsey and holly cross and the oaks ensuite?!? Is this a temp thing?
Possibly. Thing is, the ensuite rooms are always oversubscribed so some people will not get what they want. If there's nothing that says temporary then you're likely to be there permanently, though I believe there is a system to request room changes. I lived in Horwood for 2 months, it's not that bad.:smile:
They said I should take the room and apply for a move once I’m in campus :frown: how would I do that when I get there??
Original post by KMSholly
They said I should take the room and apply for a move once I’m in campus :frown: how would I do that when I get there??
Online using the accommodation portal/blackboard/evision (this words will make sense to you soon I promise); or by phone; or by email; or harrass them in person.
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm in Lindsay Court :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest