Keele University
Keele
Original post by KMSholly
What about oven gloves and baking trays? Is it just the appliances 😂✌🏻

Just appliances, you will need to bring other kitchen items like those :tongue:
Wooo 😂😭 so expensive the £450 deposit has already killed me
Wooo 😂😭 so expensive the £450 deposit has already killed me

I seem to remember that during previous years there have been stalls outside the students union at the start of the year, where you can get kitchen items etc left behind by previous students for free (or very cheap if not) :smile:
After Checking the Keele University Facebook page it seems people are starting to be offered Shared Accommodation, If you haven't yet received your accommodation offer yet (you may be clearing,adjustment, left it late etc) it isn't looking good.
Yeah I have to stay in temporary shared accommodation until they can find me a room. Hopefully not for too long, heard its usually a week or two.
Original post by ZinoLopez
Yeah I have to stay in temporary shared accommodation until they can find me a room. Hopefully not for too long, heard its usually a week or two.

At least you only pay half the rent,
Hopefully though they find you a room and not your roommate, otherwise you are stuck in that room (it's got a bunk bed and other stuff which makes the space much less than a single room)
May I know the full address of Horwood?I have some cartons to send to my room.
Original post by Juniormom
May I know the full address of Horwood?I have some cartons to send to my room.

Your full name
Your room number
Horwood Hall
Your block
Keele University
Keele
ST5 5DY

Post sent to Keele goes to the Post Room rather than your room, so when you arrive you'll have to pick them up from there instead :smile:
Hey I wanted to ask what stuff is in the room for example curtains, duvet, pillows etc or do we have to buy that ourselves
I am in Horwood Block Z
Thank you in advance,
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by yazoo12uk
Hey I wanted to ask what stuff is in the room for example curtains, duvet, pillows etc or do we have to buy that ourselves
I am in Horwood Block Z
Thank you in advance,

Quote from the Keele website (https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/essentialinformation/whatweprovidewhattobring/)
feel free to hit me with a rep :biggrin:

Your room has the furniture indicated for the room type you have been allocated. A duvet and pillow will be provided, so you will only need to bring your own bed linen and towels plus whatever creature comforts to add the finishing touches to your new home!
The kitchens are equipped for self-catering with many, *but not all, having microwaves. *You will need to provide crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils, but try not to bring excessive amounts. Rice cookers may be used in the kitchens. Irons and ironing boards are not provided.
All electrical items that you use in your accommodation must have a Kitemark.
You cannot bring the following items:

Kettle

Electrical 2 ring hob

Fridge (unless you have permission from your Accommodation Services Manager)

Freezer

Deep fat fryers

Barbecue

Microwave (unless you keep it in the kitchen)

Heater

Electric blanket

Candles

Oil burners

Curtains

Furniture

Fairy lights

Fireworks

Pets (including fish)

Original post by therandomperson
Quote from the Keele website (https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/essentialinformation/whatweprovidewhattobring/)

Your room has the furniture indicated for the room type you have been allocated. A duvet and pillow will be provided, so you will only need to bring your own bed linen and towels plus whatever creature comforts to add the finishing touches to your new home!
The kitchens are equipped for self-catering with many, *but not all, have microwaves. *You will need to provide crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils, but try not to bring excessive amounts. Rice cookers may be used in the kitchens. Irons and ironing boards are not provided.

Kettle

Electrical 2 ring hob

Freezer

Deep fat fryers

Barbecue

Heater

Electric blanket

Candles

Oil burners

Curtains

Furniture

Fairy lights

Fireworks

Pets (including fish)

Thank you so much for your help, that has made things clearer.

The kitchens are equipped for self-catering with many, *but not all, having microwaves. *You will need to provide crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils, but try not to bring excessive amounts. Rice cookers may be used in the kitchens. Irons and ironing boards are not provided.

Kettle

Electrical 2 ring hob

Freezer

Deep fat fryers

Barbecue

Heater

Electric blanket

Candles

Oil burners

Curtains

Furniture

Fairy lights

Fireworks

Pets (including fish)

Original post by yazoo12uk
Thank you so much for your help, that has made things clearer.
Realistically though, plenty of people bring fairy lights and nobody would stop you bringing a kettle (unless it causes a problem by setting itself on fire or something).
hola, is anyone in Barnes Y 13?
Original post by 04MR17
Realistically though, plenty of people bring fairy lights and nobody would stop you bringing a kettle (unless it causes a problem by setting itself on fire or something).

Exactly, If the accommodation I go to has no or a very bad kettle in the kitchen I will just bring my own kettle (Hot water dispenser) I'm not sacrificing my morning cups of tea. And I'm sure a lot of university's say they don't allow fairy lights but I assume that this is so if the lights set on fire, the university could just shift all the blame onto you for bringing a item that was not allowed.
(edited 5 years ago)
Exactly, If the accommodation I go to has no or a very bad kettle in the kitchen I will just bring my own kettle (Hot water dispenser) I'm not sacrificing my morning cups of tea. And I'm sure a lot of university's say they don't allow fairy lights but I assume that this is so if the lights set on fire, the university could just shift all the blame onto you for bringing a item that was not allowed.

:five:

Just as a heads up, the water at Keele can be pretty nasty :emo: so I'd recommend bringing a water filter, if you can afford one :redface:
Are battery powered fairy lights allowed??
Are battery powered fairy lights allowed??
Officially? Don't know. In practice, yes.
Hi can someone help I need campus accommodation but I have been told there are no rooms left. What can I do I start next week and still have no accommodation
Original post by freshernew
Hi can someone help I need campus accommodation but I have been told there are no rooms left. What can I do I start next week and still have no accommodation

Sorry but you will need to find off-campus accommodation and buy a bus pass, Because you let your offer expire for a room [via other post by you] I don't believe the University will issue you with a free bus pass.

Quick Reply

Latest