The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

The Keele Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by freshernew
Hi can someone help I need campus accommodation but I have been told there are no rooms left. What can I do I start next week and still have no accommodation

Hi freshernew,

You may have seen my reply in the other thread but I would advise you to contact the Accommodation team at Keele ([email protected], 01782 733065) to discuss this further and to seek assistance with finding suitable accommodation.

I hope this helps :smile:

Jon
Student Recruitment Marketing Team
(edited 5 years ago)
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
@Keele University I have been told to arrive at my accommodation on the 22nd, but enrolment is on the 19th. Could you clarify? Thanks

also tagging @04MR17
Original post by gamendes
@Keele University I have been told to arrive at my accommodation on the 22nd, but enrolment is on the 19th. Could you clarify? Thanks

also tagging @04MR17

Hi gamendes,

Arrival and enrolment are taking place on Saturday 22nd September for UK students and Wednesday 19th or Thursday 20th September for overseas/EU students. You should have received further details in your welcome pack and via email but if you have not received anything, you can get in touch with Student Services at [email protected] or on 01782 734481 and the Accommodation team at [email protected] or on 01782 733065 if you do have any questions. The pre-arrival webpages may also be of use to you, they can be found here.

I hope this helps :smile:

Jon
Student Recruitment Marketing Team
Wot Jon said ^
:gangsta:
Thanks guys!
Does anyone have any information on Taylor House accommodation? Like where it is, what it's like inside etc.
I've tried looking on Keele's website for it, but there's not much.
Original post by Bitterswt
Does anyone have any information on Taylor House accommodation? Like where it is, what it's like inside etc.
From a quick look at the website you're essentially within Lindsay. Taylor House is at the bottom of Lindsay which means you should get a really beautiful view of the countryside (and the M6).

Taylor House (24 rooms) with 6 per kitchen and bathroom

This indicates you've got 4 floors, 6 on each floor, with one bathroom and kitchen to a floor.:smile:
Original post by Bitterswt

It's pretty much the most southern building on the campus, right at the back of Lindsay Halls. See this map.

It has great student/kitchen and student/bathroom ratios. 6 students per kitchen and 6 per bathroom, according to this. Nearby blocks A-E can have as many as 25 per kitchen and 16 per bathroom. There are 24 bedrooms in the block, which probably means 4 separate flats, each with their own kitchen and bathroom.

I dunno anything about the quality of the rooms, sorry. I also dunno why it gets its own special name while most other blocks just have a letter.

edit: just missed your post @04MR17
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by giosanti
I dunno anything about the quality of the rooms, sorry. I also dunno why it gets its own special name while most other blocks just have a letter.
My guess would be it was built after S block, T block, B block etc.
Horwood Block A anyone?☺️
Reply 90
hi! is anyone in lindsay p block?
Existing students can apply for university accommodation next week if you satisfy these categories:

Full-time Postgraduate students

Any student with a disability or health issue (supported by Disability Services)

Students who are care leavers or estranged from their families

Students going into second year studying medicine

Students undertaking a 4 year course (including the Foundation Year and Pharmacy) and proceeding to second year of study

Students whose family home is outside of the UK

Students going into final year of study and your family home is within the UK

Do second years normally move into accommodation a week after freshers?
If any of you have moved into accommodation as second years how does it affect socializing
on my offer it says I move in on the 28th and I'm sure freshers move in a week earlier (Going off last years freshers week of 22nd september)
Original post by therandomperson
Do second years normally move into accommodation a week after freshers?
If any of you have moved into accommodation as second years how does it affect socializing
on my offer it says I move in on the 28th and I'm sure freshers move in a week earlier (Going off last years freshers week of 22nd september)

It looks like freshers week and move in day are just going to be late this year; all students living on campus will move in on the 28th (except students from overseas who'll move in from the 25th-27th) :smile:
Which accommodation is closest to the health and rehabilitation school?
Original post by channonanna
Which accommodation is closest to the health and rehabilitation school?

Hi there channonanna,

The School of Health and Rehabilitation is based in the MacKay Building, which is right in the centre of campus. The closest halls would probably be Holly Cross or areas of Barnes (some parts of Barnes may be a lot further away, because Barnes is a very large complex of accommodation), Lindsay is also very near but you can get there easily from Horwood too. I'd say no halls is more than a 10 minute walk away. Bear in mind that on your way back home you'll be going uphill if you're living in Barnes.

You can find a map of the accommodation available here:
https://www.keele.ac.uk/media/keeleuniversity/estatesdevelopment/accommodation/miscphotos/Capture.PNG

Hope this helps,

Mark, second year :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Hi there channonanna,

The School of Health and Rehabilitation is based in the MacKay Building, which is right in the centre of campus. The closest halls would probably be Holly Cross or areas of Barnes (some parts of Barnes may be a lot further away, because Barnes is a very large complex of accommodation), Lindsay is also very near but you can get there easily from Horwood too. I'd say no halls is more than a 10 minute walk away. Bear in mind that on your way back home you'll be going uphill if you're living in Barnes.

You can find a map of the accommodation available here:
https://www.keele.ac.uk/media/keeleuniversity/estatesdevelopment/accommodation/miscphotos/Capture.PNG

Hope this helps,

Mark, second year :smile:

Thank you!
Reply 97
Hi, on the Barnes accommodation tour on Offer Holders Day, they showed a Shared Flat and an expensive new ensuite room in Block Y. They didn't show any Classic rooms in Blocks A-F. Can you comment on the condition of those rooms (I understand that they are the oldest in Barnes).
Original post by pshwil
Hi, on the Barnes accommodation tour on Offer Holders Day, they showed a Shared Flat and an expensive new ensuite room in Block Y. They didn't show any Classic rooms in Blocks A-F. Can you comment on the condition of those rooms (I understand that they are the oldest in Barnes).

Hi there pshwil, great question!

All of the rooms here are maintained by a team of cleaners and maintenance staff. There's also a tool online for which you can report any damages and they'll be fixed within a few days. :smile:

Personally I've not been in these blocks since I was looking around as an applicant myself! So can't really be much more help on this issue. I've not heard about many people having problems with these rooms in particular.

Hope this helps,
Mark
Second year Keele student
Hello everyone,
Not sure if this thread is active but may as well try.
Does anyone stay in Barnes hall y and z block - this is the accommodation that’s my first choice but due to one thing or another I haven’t been able to make it to a open day to see the accommodation. I’ve made my descision based on 3 limited photos on the keele website. I was just wondering if anyone lives/knows someone living in the y or z blocks and doesn’t mind sending me a few photos (particularly the bathroom) or maybe a video I would really appreciate that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest