The Student Room Group

♡❤ Fairly7Local's Weight Loss Journey ! ❤♡

Scroll to see replies

11 kg in a week :eek4: that's rather a lot:redface:
I'm hoping it is a typo :hugs:
Original post by nyxnko_
I think you meant 65.3 kg :tongue: It would be very drastic to lose 11kg over a week :eek3:

Original post by laurawatt
11 kg in a week :eek4: that's rather a lot:redface:
I'm hoping it is a typo :hugs:

Sorry done this twice now my brain obvs thinks I'm a lot slimmer than I am lolz
Original post by Fairly7Local
Sorry done this twice now my brain obvs thinks I'm a lot slimmer than I am lolz

:lol:
Random fact: I read somewhere that if you think you're skinny, you tend to eat less and therefore are skinnier but whether that's true is a completely different story :tongue:
Reply 23
Original post by nyxnko_
:lol:
Random fact: I read somewhere that if you think you're skinny, you tend to eat less and therefore are skinnier but whether that's true is a completely different story :tongue:

Definately not true for me, since losing weight I am actually eating more (quantity wise) just that it's better things I am eating.
Well done OP sounds like you are keeping on track.
Original post by JaseyB
Definately not true for me, since losing weight I am actually eating more (quantity wise) just that it's better things I am eating.
Well done OP sounds like you are keeping on track.

oh... I guess it's worthwhile for me to check my sources :tongue:
Update
Day idfk - Friday 29/06

Results (click for evidence)
Weight - 63.3 kg (-5.1kg) Waist - 67.5 cm (-7cm)

Reflections
Fairly godamm local where tf have you been for 3 months. Why the hell are you doing a weight in on Friday? Anyone even following anymore? Well I'm not dead (just yet) and I haven't given up, but I caught a lung infection around the time I stopped posting and had exams straight after I barely recovered which was an incredibly stressful time for me. I didn't feel like trying to track my weight anymore and wanted to give myself some space, sorry everyone.
I managed to keep up the healthy eating and some exercise, although not as intense as I first wanted, I still managed to lose some extra kilos over this time and now I'm down to 63 ish!

Next steps
Afraid I might not be able to post as often with UCAS stuff coming my way soon but promise I won't go MIA on you all again, at least once a week is the aim. My aim now is to keep up my regular schedule of healthy diet and exercise and work further to avoid junk food!
Glad to hear you're better now :hugs: I hope exams went well :yes:
Well done for keeping up with the healthy eating and exercise throughout exams! :woo:
Eurgh... UCAS :getmecoat:
Original post by nyxnko_
Glad to hear you're better now :hugs: I hope exams went well :yes:
Well done for keeping up with the healthy eating and exercise throughout exams! :woo:
Eurgh... UCAS :getmecoat:

Thanks so much! Couldn't have done it without the support I received here to remind me to keep going.

Also I just realised all the links to the photo evidence I posted are unusable now, I posted them on imgur or something, and maybe the website's down but it's frustrating. Do you know a good site I can link photos on tsr? I tried inserting into the text box but it always goes like 'image not found'
(edited 5 years ago)
Also I just realised all the links to the photo evidence I posted are unusable now, I posted them on imgur or something, and maybe the website's down but it's frustrating. Do you know a good site I can link photos on tsr? I tried inserting into the text box but it always goes like 'image not found'

I'm really sorry to hear that :console: but I really don't know how to post photos on TSR either :dontknow: Sorry.
TSR really isn't the best with photos. :sadnod:
EDIT: Imgur should work though. I've just tried it and it's fine.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by nyxnko_
I'm really sorry to hear that :console: but I really don't know how to post photos on TSR either :dontknow: Sorry.
TSR really isn't the best with photos. :sadnod:

Thinking of starting a public instagram for the photos or sm because it's the only reliable place I can link, dunno if its gonna work

How about it?
Thinking of starting a public instagram for the photos or sm because it's the only reliable place I can link, dunno if its gonna work

How about it?

Public Insta sounds fine, I think :yes: Although, if you had a public Insta, you might as well not have this blog :dontknow: That's my opinion anyway :tongue:
Original post by nyxnko_
Public Insta sounds fine, I think :yes: Although, if you had a public Insta, you might as well not have this blog :dontknow: That's my opinion anyway :tongue:

That's true, I'll try and find another way to add the pics. Might just collate them all at the end in one big post
That's true, I'll try and find another way to add the pics. Might just collate them all at the end in one big post

I've just checked Imgur and it seems to work fine :dontknow: Maybe you were on a different site?
Goodluck - i might wish to say don;t amendment your overall diet chop-chop - attempt to amendment it bit by bit one cash eachfew weeks in order that your body gets accustomed the changes otherwise you may end up not feeling at your best. particularlyif you narrow out heaps of refined sugars/carbs too quickly. conjointly you'll just about stock up on the vegetables at time for dinner as most of them primarily encompass water. strive to not get discouraged if you see your weight hasn't enrapturedabundant or has even enlarged slightly on the scales - if your body works something like mine did there'll be times once the quantity on the scales looks to travel down down - same - up - same - same - down once more.
Update
Day ??? - Wednesday 21/08/2019

Results (click for evidence)
Weight: 58.8 kg (-9.6 kg), Waist: ??? (lost my tape measure)

Reflections
Ummmmmmmmm hi, not sure if anyone cares or is following anymore since it's been a year. To be honest I gained a little bit after my last post which discouraged me from posting, then school came on and I forgot tsr (sorry)

If you were wondering, it all went well and fitness wise, I have stayed on track (just about) and did lose more weight eventually, even though I regret not posting updates along with the ups and downs. I'm now down almost ten kilos from my starting weight which feels fantastic. My clothes are fitting looser and I'm starting to look a lot more slim and like my younger self again. I think even my feet look slightly slimmer in the picture!

My eating and activity habits have definitely changed over the past year. I'm now a member of my local gym and go there at least 3 times a week, doing about 30min cardio and 30min strength training on the various resistance equipment. My eating habits are fairly consistent - I've moved out of boarding so it's easier to eat healthily at home and if I do eat junk food, I make sure to eat healthily the next few days. One change I made is that I don't eat after 7pm anymore, after I go to the gym, because I can't control my compulsive eating at night so I just avoid eating at that time and eat earlier. This has definitely made it easier to control my weight.

Next steps
I'm happy with how I look and feel now, but I want to get to my goal weight of 53-54kg and tone up by focusing more on strength training and reducing my body fat percentage. I will continue the eating habits I've already established and try to update whenever I have a major progress or setback. Even though I lost weight in the past year I feel like updates keep it more consistent and make things more exciting so I will try my best to remember!

Quick Reply

Latest