The Student Room Group

How much do you get paid?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I started in McDonald's on £4 an hour nearly 2 years ago, but now I'm on £5.55 an hour as a Staff Trainer. At the moment I'm training to become a shift manager, then I'll be on about £7 an hour, and even though there are extra courses and exams to do (yes, in McDonald's!) it doesn't interfere with my A Levels and the hours are really flexible.

Not bad for a McJob :smile:
Reply 81
Rach L
This may come across as rude, so you don't need to answer if you don't want to, but I was wondering where you worked and how much you get paid (and I guess what your job is then!).

I work in Millets (an outdoor shop) at weekends (I'm only a 4 hour contract, but end up working 8/10/12 normally) and get £3.65 an hour... I'm only 16 though.

You get more per hour in tiso plus 40% discount. not sure how the stirling tiso hours work out but you would usually work an all day. it might be worth going in & speaking to the manager.
Reply 82
Im 17 and work in debenhams, at the moment i get £4.85 per hour and extra 15p per hour than other people my age for my 'extra responsibilities' when im 18 in 1 and a half months it will go up to £5.60 :smile:
Reply 83
£6.50 before 6pm and £7 after. I just call people up and interview them about their experiences with the police. It's slowly driving me insane though..
Kind of depends what month you ask me (I swap jobs a lot). Currently varies from £6 at a charity call centre to £9.50 plus as a temp receptionist.
Reply 85
£15.60 per hour as a Payroll Supervisor - temp work via an agency.

It was quite good actually have done every job under the sun, waitering, bar staff, sales assistant etc - finally got a job opening post lol and they trained me up to handle a payroll. Ended up earning £8 an hour and as a result when I started temping again recently I managed to get this job :smile:
Reply 86
Jozeesh
£6.50 before 6pm and £7 after. I just call people up and interview them about their experiences with the police. It's slowly driving me insane though..

Phone calls off these drive me insane too, I've done at least 3 of those police surveys in the last year or so!
Reply 87
NickyP
Phone calls off these drive me insane too, I've done at least 3 of those police surveys in the last year or so!

Sorry if I was the person interviewing you :wink: we do ring the Merseyside area, you anywhere near there?... :p:
Reply 88
Jozeesh
Sorry if I was the person interviewing you :wink: we do ring the Merseyside area, you anywhere near there?... :p:

Yeah I live in Merseyside. I never give proper answers on those interviews because I feel so under pressure and I don't want to offend the person on the phone. haha.
Reply 89
Haha, don't worry. I prefer talking to people who are blatently not interested than an old person for 45 minutes..

So, how does it feel to know you've given false information to the police? :wink:
£6.50 an hour.
Boots, £5.50 an hour but I work Sundays so I get time and a half.. which I guess bumps it up to £8.25.
Reply 92
£8.25! Not bad for my first job! :smile:
I'm 20 and I get £4.92 an hour at Primark. From reading this thread I apparently work for the lowest wage for my age. I am going to look for another job.
Reply 94
I'm 19, nearly 20 and i get £6.21 at Hamleys.

I used to get £7.09 but i hated the job so much i went for a lower paid one.
Reply 95
My full time job pays: £5.70

Weekend job: £6.10

Pretty good for what I do, especially w/the latter :smile:
I'm on starting wage in a department store, €9. Which is £6.83. €13.50 on Sundays..£10.25. I'm 19, the minimum wage for over 18's is €8.65, which is eh £6.56. The UK gets a raw deal.
Reply 97
True but consider the fact Ireland is ridiculously expensive. At first I found it alarming how 'little' I was getting compared to my 9.65E job in Ireland but in the UK you get a lot more your money :smile:
That's because your currency wrecks everything :smile: (nearly) everything is converted from sterling into euro with tax, so it sucks. If yous just joined the euro, it would be so much cheaper.
Reply 99
Im 17, work in a mobile phone shop, get paid £6 an hour, plus commission for every sale i make! My commission is always higher than my wages though and you can look to make atleast £400-£600 during the busy christmas shopping period! Plus you get all the perks like staff contracts so save a load on my phone bills!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending