The Student Room Group

explore Learning Tutor

Hi! ive recently applied for a tutoring job at explore learning. Im a recent graduate from university (science degree), and im not exacrtly up to date in my maths and English, I have got both my higher maths and English at school but not looked at anything since then which is around 5 years ago. Does anyone know if you get any training or get made aware of what topics you will be helping the children with when you start? Im just worried I will be going in clueless and if its the right thing for me. Thanks!
Original post by Annonymus111
Hi! ive recently applied for a tutoring job at explore learning. Im a recent graduate from university (science degree), and im not exacrtly up to date in my maths and English, I have got both my higher maths and English at school but not looked at anything since then which is around 5 years ago. Does anyone know if you get any training or get made aware of what topics you will be helping the children with when you start? Im just worried I will be going in clueless and if its the right thing for me. Thanks!

hey how much doexplore learning pay
Reply 2
Original post by Annonymus111

I worked in Explore Learning for around a year, and when I first started, they gave lots of training on the content you will be teaching, how you will be teaching it, and other safety training.
The content you will be teaching is very simple and easy KS1 and KS2 stuff. They are mainly looking for a tutor that is friendly, approachable and easy to talk to.

Good Luck!
Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by S.543
I worked in Explore Learning for around a year, and when I first started, they gave lots of training on the content you will be teaching, how you will be teaching it, and other safety training.
The content you will be teaching is very simple and easy KS1 and KS2 stuff. They are mainly looking for a tutor that is friendly, approachable and easy to talk to.

Good Luck!
Hope this helps :smile:

how much were you paid hourly?
Reply 4
Original post by jumbojim56877
how much were you paid hourly?

Not much. It was around £6 if you were under 18, and £7 if you were above 18.
It has all the infomation about how much you get paid on their website :smile:

It was great experience. I met lots of new people, and enjoyed teaching. It also looked great on my personal statement as well.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by S.543
Not much. It was around £6 if you were under 18, and £7 if you were above 18.
It has all the infomation about how much you get paid on their website :smile:

It was great experience. I met lots of new people, and ejoyed teaching. It also looked great on my personal statement as well.

oh wow £6 is bad especially as they make you do so much, talking to parents etc etc
Reply 6
Original post by jumbojim56877
oh wow £6 is bad especially as they make you do so much, talking to parents etc etc

Yeah, it was. But if I could go back and do it all over again, I definately would becuase I really enjoyed it and everyone was so nice and really helped you a lot along the whole process.
Reply 7
Original post by S.543
Yeah, it was. But if I could go back and do it all over again, I definately would becuase I really enjoyed it and everyone was so nice and really helped you a lot along the whole process.

could i ask how flexible they were? like we’re organised holidays during the summer an issue etc
Reply 8
Original post by pascaline14
could i ask how flexible they were? like we’re organised holidays during the summer an issue etc

They were very nice about giving holidays as long as you give a good notice period (like a week or two depending on how long you're holiday is)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending