The Student Room Group

HELP!

Guys I'm on holiday with my family, and I can't focus on my work at all! I'm sitting in a hotel room, on my bed, but I just can't get into the swing of revising when there are so many other things I'd rather do.
I work fine at home, but the new scenery has disrupted me.
Any tips??
Original post by AniyaS1
Guys I'm on holiday with my family, and I can't focus on my work at all! I'm sitting in a hotel room, on my bed, but I just can't get into the swing of revising when there are so many other things I'd rather do.
I work fine at home, but the new scenery has disrupted me.
Any tips??

Don’t go on holiday and expect to revise!

I went away last week and knew that once I got back I’d need to knuckle down. Tbh I think it’s a bit mean they expect you to be happy to go away before exams; I know families who have missed Easter holidays for years in a row because they’ve had a few children go through GCSE’s or A-levels.
You cannot say you really thought you could go on holiday and then spend it revising effectively, did you? It would have been wiser to go for a family holiday in the summer instead. Anyway, the only thing you can really do it either force yourself to study, or just wait until you return and revise like crazy.
Find a room without a bed or tv in it if possible and with a desk.
Sit at it and if you dont have your books watch youtube videos on the subject and make notes
Reply 4
Original post by carrotstar
Don’t go on holiday and expect to revise!

I went away last week and knew that once I got back I’d need to knuckle down. Tbh I think it’s a bit mean they expect you to be happy to go away before exams; I know families who have missed Easter holidays for years in a row because they’ve had a few children go through GCSE’s or A-levels.

I guess so! It's only for 3 days, so I guess I can catch up :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by idkthename
Find a room without a bed or tv in it if possible and with a desk.
Sit at it and if you dont have your books watch youtube videos on the subject and make notes

that's really helpful, thanks :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by DrawTheLine
You cannot say you really thought you could go on holiday and then spend it revising effectively, did you? It would have been wiser to go for a family holiday in the summer instead. Anyway, the only thing you can really do it either force yourself to study, or just wait until you return and revise like crazy.

well it wasn't my idea, but yeah I guess you're right. I reckon I'll try and get a few bits done, and then catch up back home. It's only a 3/4 day holiday, so at least it is not too long

Quick Reply

Latest