The Student Room Group

Revision crisis

I am 1 week into my 2 week Easter holiday before my gcse and I haven’t started revising. I can’t find the energy or enthusiasm to do 8 hours of revision - basically I’m really lazy. Anyone have any suggestions apart from get of the sofa and do something
Reply 1
If you can't be bothered to do anything else, the best thing you can do is to go through some exam questions and then correct them and note down what you need to learn from those questions. I'm literally in the same situation as you but just force yourself to do like one set of revision questions at a time- it's better than nothing and at least a bit more entertaining than making heaps of notes :biggrin:
Trust me, everyone who is revising and 'working-hard' lacks the motivation and energy to do it too. You just have to push yourself through because at the end of the day you can revise and get great/better grades, or you can do little-to-no revision and get mediocre/potentially fail...the choice is yours.

You also don't have to do 8 hours of revision - quality over quantity!

You could sit and read a textbook for 8 hours, or you could write out notes for 15 minutes and I know for a fact which one would be more effective... if you're limited to time just focus on working hard on the topics you struggle with most - aka, prioritise your revision.

IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO START.

Quick Reply

Latest