The Student Room Group

a level history

anyone got any tips for revising/learning content for a level history?? i do ocr and i struggle a lot with mid tudors crisis and the later tudors, mainly memorising things. can anyone recommend any textbooks? i have the ocr my revision notes revision guide but it’s very condensed so i don’t know it has a sufficient amount of information that i need to know to do well in the exam
Hello @shanice m

I’m a first year BA dance student at the University of Lincoln. I studied history for A-level and specifically the Tudors aswell. I completely understand you because it’s very hard memorising so many facts and figures- let alone having to critically write about them! I found the best method was to use past papers. These not only give you an understanding of how your real exam will be laid out but allows you to put your knowledge into a more structured style rather than just bullet pointing facts onto a flash card. What’s more, you can also practice your timing with past papers- I recommend not doing a full paper to start of with but choose a question that perhaps your not very confident on and have a go either with or without your notes and then mark yourself against the mark scheme afterwards to see what you did well and what you need to improve on. Likewise, flashcards and mind maps are great ways to jot down key facts and figures but remember you are being marked on both your ability to understand the chronological order or events aswell as assessing the validity ect

Hope this helps and good luck! :smile:
Abigail

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending