Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation Guide for Undergraduate Students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nottslawyer
You'd probably find, esp in Cavendish Hall, that most students would just ask their mummy and daddy for money if ever they were short of change.

Bit of a nasty generalization there.

There is a mix of students from a lot of different backgrounds in all the halls.

Despite what people assume, Cavendish is not all en-suite.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Hi, i'm thinking about coming to nottingham next year and would like to live on campus but not to keen on the having to move out every vacation. what are current students views on this?
SupaStar*AmZi
Hi, i'm thinking about coming to nottingham next year and would like to live on campus but not to keen on the having to move out every vacation. what are current students views on this?

I just did this. It was a bit of a pain, but it meant that everything did get cleared, and I found things that I thought I'd lost. But my hall had basement storage (Hu Stu) so I left a couple of boxes there. Fingers Crossed there still there when I get back....

If you think about it what would you leave behind for a few weeks anyway...
Hi guys!

I've been offered a place at nottingham for september 2009 :smile: and their accomodation website says that you can apply for halls from 29th january, and that they're allocated in date order.

2 of my unis haven't replied yet, and probably won't reply til february/march, so if i can't apply for accomodation til around mid-march, will many places be gone?

I'm looking at ancaster/willougby i think.
Reply 24
thetopnotch
I just did this. It was a bit of a pain, but it meant that everything did get cleared, and I found things that I thought I'd lost. But my hall had basement storage (Hu Stu) so I left a couple of boxes there. Fingers Crossed there still there when I get back....

If you think about it what would you leave behind for a few weeks anyway...

I was always impressed by the amount of graffiti in the basements in Hu Stu - I took some photos of t block basement a year or so ago.
alex-hs
I was always impressed by the amount of graffiti in the basements in Hu Stu - I took some photos of t block basement a year or so ago.

A Cliff Richard calendar!! Immense.

edit:
I was fetching my stuff out of there today and I found a rubber vagina attached to what can only be described as a penis tube, complete with fake pubic hair - I will have to take a photo of it to do it justice
Reply 26
mm I think nottingham is going to be my firm. What's the best accommodation, self-catered? Also, a place which holds quite good socials and people are genuinely friendly. Thanks :smile:
Broadgate park.
Reply 28
This is probably an idiotic question, but I can't find a definite answer to it anywhere... Term starts on the 12th Jan, I'm presuming that (for catered halls) we can move back in from the day before?
Abbbie
This is probably an idiotic question, but I can't find a definite answer to it anywhere... Term starts on the 12th Jan, I'm presuming that (for catered halls) we can move back in from the day before?

Yep that's right. In Florence Boot we can move in from 2pm onwards, I don't know if it's the same for all halls though.
Abbbie

yeah you move back in on sunday, in time for my monday morn 9am exam
Hey, I am planning to make Nottingham my firm choice for Medicine and I have a few queries regarding accommodation. Firstly, where do most of the Medicine lectures take place and which halls are closest to it?

And secondly, is it possible to have a price list of all accommodation including self-catered ones?

Thanks alot :smile:
Lectures take place at QMC just outside campus. Nearest halls are cripps and hu-stu although to be honest, the others are only like 2-5mins away.
For a price list, go to the nottingham hospitality page where everything's listed.
Oh okay thanks :smile: However I checked that page and did not find the price list for both Halls and self-catered, if you could point me in the direction I would be very grateful!
proatcooking
Oh okay thanks :smile: However I checked that page and did not find the price list for both Halls and self-catered, if you could point me in the direction I would be very grateful!

Halls fees are the same for each hall on university park campus. Halls on Jubilee Campus are slightly cheaper.
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/catered_halls/

WRT to self-catered accommodation, follow this link and click on the individual 'hall' on the left-hand menu:
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/self_catered_residences/
Reply 35
mmm I don't really like the look of broadgate. It looks too old fashioned :confused: any other ones?
proatcooking

Here's the link. Scroll down to the bottom where they talk about food etc.
to get you started, here's broagate's : Click
02mik_e
mmm I don't really like the look of broadgate. It looks too old fashioned :confused: any other ones?

old fashioned? most of broadgate are new builds. i'm guessing you saw a picture of the old buildings.
Reply 38
La Trampa
old fashioned? most of broadgate are new builds. i'm guessing you saw a picture of the old buildings.

Yeah the interiors look really modern. I think it's because of the brick work that I thought it looked so old.
Thanks La Trampa and Nottslawyer :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending