Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation Guide for Undergraduate Students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
afua12
So if we haven't heard anything at all then we don't need to worry? I applied for accomodation as soon as it opened but haven't received a confirmation email or anything at all.

Yeah don't worry. We start sending offers at the end of this week.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Hey there. I need to know whether the ensuites in BGP are all over! I'm an international who is still waiting to firm Nottingham since my unis have JUST replied! I realy hope they are not! One more thing are SPC ensuites still available? or are they all taken? Thanks!

EDIT: What is the new update for the rooms and halls available?
henil3110
Hey there. I need to know whether the ensuites in BGP are all over! I'm an international who is still waiting to firm Nottingham since my unis have JUST replied! I realy hope they are not! One more thing are SPC ensuites still available? or are they all taken? Thanks!

There aren't any ensuites left in BGP, but you can be put on a waiting list for one :smile:
Ian80
There aren't any ensuites left in BGP, but you can be put on a waiting list for one :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 384
henil3110

Ian80

True but you must apply for another room type at Broadgate in order to go on their waiting list. You cannot go on the waiting list if you don't.

SPC ensuites are still available.
BrenLee
True but you must apply for another room type at Broadgate in order to go on their waiting list. You cannot go on the waiting list if you don't.

SPC ensuites are still available.

Ok, thanks. Since we are given 3 choices to make for accomodation, can I put for e.g.
1) SPC ensuite
2) BGP ensuite
3) BGP studio

Then will I be put on waiting list for BGP?

Secondly, I need to know when SPC ensuites will be available till. Will they be taken by next wednesday? I am still waiting for an appeal from one of my universities.

Thirdly, what are the new room updates?

Fourthly, since I am an international, I will most likely come to the International week hosted by the university. Where will I be staying during this time? Will it be in my accomodation?

Fifthly, for SPC ensuites, how does the time period for the lease run? since its 43 weeks, when does it start and when does it end? and which holidays are included in the lease?

I know these are many questions, but I hope you can answer them!

Thanks in advance! Highly appreciated!
Reply 386
henil3110
Ok, thanks. Since we are given 3 choices to make for accomodation, can I put for e.g.
1) SPC ensuite
2) BGP ensuite
3) BGP studio

Then will I be put on waiting list for BGP?

Secondly, I need to know when SPC ensuites will be available till. Will they be taken by next wednesday? I am still waiting for an appeal from one of my universities.

Thirdly, what are the new room updates?

Fourthly, since I am an international, I will most likely come to the International week hosted by the university. Where will I be staying during this time? Will it be in my accomodation?

Fifthly, for SPC ensuites, how does the time period for the lease run? since its 43 weeks, when does it start and when does it end? and which holidays are included in the lease?

I know these are many questions, but I hope you can answer them!

Thanks in advance! Highly appreciated!

1, Broadgate would have to be your 1st choice
2, No one can predict when the St Peters rooms will be filled
3, No new room updates since the last.
4, No, contact the International office for details
5, 43 weeks straight through from intake weekend (Sept 18th)
Reply 387
Finally firmed Nottingham and picked Sherwood single study as my first choice. :biggrin:

I gave up waiting for UCL as they said it might not be for another 2 weeks until I got a reply, so I withdrew from them as I am sick of waiting.

The accommodation team seem extremely organised (hope the rest of the uni is the same). Thanks BrenLee for posting such useful info! :smile:
BrenLee
1, Broadgate would have to be your 1st choice
2, No one can predict when the St Peters rooms will be filled
3, No new room updates since the last.
4, No, contact the International office for details
5, 43 weeks straight through from intake weekend (Sept 18th)

Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 389
chrisynth

The accommodation team seem extremely organised (hope the rest of the uni is the same). Thanks BrenLee for posting such useful info! :smile:

Thanks very much :o:
Reply 390
Returner offers have begun to be sent today. If all goes well we will start sending the 1st year offers tomorrow (maybe even today but don't count your chickens).

Please note that we can't send all offers at once so March 1st applicants will receive offers tomorrow and Monday and March 2nd applicants Tuesday and so on.
Reply 391
1st year offers have started to go out

Please note that we can't send all offers at once so March 1st applicants will receive offers tomorrow and Monday and March 2nd applicants Tuesday and so on.
Got my offer at Lenton en suite, very happy :smile:
BrenLee

When I go to accept my offer it says it hasn't been processed, will this change in due time?
Reply 394
milliondollarcorpse
When I go to accept my offer it says it hasn't been processed, will this change in due time?

Stop double posting, I can't keep track of you! Read your other one.
Just got my offer, slightly annoyed that I got my second choice given I literally applied the minute it opened but oh well :smile: Cripps single study for me!
I got into Derby Hall! I am so excited, its all becoming real now. Good times.
Reply 397
Reformed2010
I got into Derby Hall! I am so excited, its all becoming real now. Good times.

What did you think of derby? I never got to visit but heard good things. Hopefully will be in Derby in september, I applied at the end of march though so looks like I have a while to wait :frown:
edithwashere
Just got my offer, slightly annoyed that I got my second choice given I literally applied the minute it opened but oh well :smile: Cripps single study for me!

Im a cripps single study too! We could be neighbours! :smile:
Reply 399
Room numbers

You won't get these until you arrive to move in.
The room number is not part of the contract so could change at any point prior to you moving in. Please note this is the room number not the room type or hall that may change.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending