The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation Guide for Undergraduate Students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Which hall is closest to the lecture hall for economics?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
vinsta
Which hall is closest to the lecture hall for economics?

hugh stu and cripps are closest, since they're in the centre of campus
Reply 62
thetopnotch
hugh stu and cripps are closest, since they're in the centre of campus

Ah, thanks.
Are you currently in halls?
vinsta
Ah, thanks.
Are you currently in halls?

yup :smile:
Reply 64
Any reasons why Broadgate ensuite is so ridiculously expensive in comparison to other ones?
Reply 65
LH123
Any reasons why Broadgate ensuite is so ridiculously expensive in comparison to other ones?

No idea really, if you pay a tiny bit more you can get a studio. :s: It doesn't really make sense. Apply to uni park halls as your first choice- you'd be right in the middle of it all, and you'd be way close to your lectures! I'm in BGP this year and it is fairly quiet, I wouldn't have liked being here if I was first year...
Reply 66
Charl
No idea really, if you pay a tiny bit more you can get a studio. :s: It doesn't really make sense. Apply to uni park halls as your first choice- you'd be right in the middle of it all, and you'd be way close to your lectures! I'm in BGP this year and it is fairly quiet, I wouldn't have liked being here if I was first year...

Hmm ok then, I guess I will have to grit my teeth and brave shared bathrooms. :afraid:

If I make Nottingham my first choice. :gasp:

Plus I wanna go self catered. :colonhash:
Reply 67
LH123
Hmm ok then, I guess I will have to grit my teeth and brave shared bathrooms. :afraid:

If I make Nottingham my first choice. :gasp:

Plus I wanna go self catered. :colonhash:

Have you looked at Raleigh Park as well? I think it's a bit cheaper than BGP/Uni Park! Though it is a bit of trekkage from main campus...
Reply 68
Charl
Have you looked at Raleigh Park as well? I think it's a bit cheaper than BGP/Uni Park! Though it is a bit of trekkage from main campus...

Is it being off campus a bad thing, from a first years perspective? I don't mind travelling into the campus, I am no stranger to walking to school, but I dont want to feel 'out of it'.

Plus it looks very Postgrad to me. :gasp:
Reply 69
LH123
Is it being off campus a bad thing, from a first years perspective? I don't mind travelling into the campus, I am no stranger to walking to school, but I dont want to feel 'out of it'.

Plus it looks very Postgrad to me. :gasp:

Sort of, but sort of not. It does depend on your hall and the type of people you meet. :awesome: I was off campus for first year (Jubilee) but had an awesome time. Like, in Freshers week, there'll be mixed halls events, so you'll meet people from other halls. :teeth: Plus, if your friends have similar timetables you can walk in together and that. Raleigh Park bar was immense in first year. :grin:

I think it's mainly freshers tbh. :p: But it's massive like BGP, so probably a mix. You'd be with freshers though, I'd assume!
Reply 70
I'm in BGP shared bathroom, and after having seen St Peter's Court, its awful in comparison. You get *much* more value for money in a SPC en-suite than a BGP shared. The big plus of SPC is the free bus - to Jubilee, main campus AND city centre. Fairly regular and reliable. The rooms are bigger than BGP too. Only issue is proximity of supermarket (unless you like aldi) but with a free bus to town that's not such an issue.

Plus taxi journeys back to SPC are about half that of the journey back to BGP.

I'd highly reccomend SPC over BGP. Cant comment on Raleigh though.
Reply 71
hey:smile:

got a few questions on raliegh park

i have read that the raliegh park rooms are ****, dirty and old :| is this true?

is it the nursing accomadation?

how come student nurses can only apply for their accomadation 6 weeks before they start :|

is it a good place to be?

please help :smile:
Reply 72
1 no
2 not specifically
3 the medical school doesn't use the normal channels when giving us the details for students attending the courses, as soon as we know who you are we open the apps to you.
4 bit vague so I'll skip this one

:smile:
I'll answer no 4.

In terms of social life, as it's self catered accomodation, it's not like other halls, so you'll have to put in a bit more effort. Also as people who live in self catered, either tend to be more independent or older (i.e not freshers) and I don't think there's an organised JCR, again you'll need to put in more effort. Although I know a lot of people who used to live in raliegh and they had loads of fun with their flatmates.
How have people found the shared ensuite rooms?

Is the entrance/exit to your own room only through the corridor where the bathroom is? Or do you have a door in your room as well?

Is this image - http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/virtual_tours/_university_park/shared_en-suite_bathroom.html of a" Private Shared Bathroom" or a "Shared Ensuite" ? The terms on that link don't match the names on the fee page :s-smilie:
Reply 75
La Trampa
I don't think there's an organised JCR

There is - there's one for each of the catered halls, BGP, SPC, Raleigh, and SB, and an MCR in Melton hall.
chriztina27
How have people found the shared ensuite rooms?

Is the entrance/exit to your own room only through the corridor where the bathroom is? Or do you have a door in your room as well?

Is this image - http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/virtual_tours/_university_park/shared_en-suite_bathroom.html of a" Private Shared Bathroom" or a "Shared Ensuite" ? The terms on that link don't match the names on the fee page :s-smilie:

the shared ensuites are good :smile:

it can be like the one in the pic, well in the same style, with a very tiny corridor area and 2 doors leading off into the bedroom and one into the bathroom, or it can be in the style of having a door in the bedroom which leads to a sink area, with 2 sinks, and then another door dor the bathroom.

That link is the shared ensuite bathroom, but that's pretty much nothing like what i've seen here, I wonder if anyone know what hall that is?
alex-hs
There is - there's one for each of the catered halls, BGP, SPC, Raleigh, and SB, and an MCR in Melton hall.

by organised, i meant very put-together/active
thetopnotch
the shared ensuites are good :smile:

it can be like the one in the pic, well in the same style, with a very tiny corridor area and 2 doors leading off into the bedroom and one into the bathroom, or it can be in the style of having a door in the bedroom which leads to a sink area, with 2 sinks, and then another door dor the bathroom.

That link is the shared ensuite bathroom, but that's pretty much nothing like what i've seen here, I wonder if anyone know what hall that is?

thanks for your reply. I think shared ensuite is the way to go :smile:
Reply 79
Well, I decided on Notts today but the accommodation website won't work for me for some reason. I want to get my accomm application in asap, so I was wondering...what halls are most similar to Cripps? I looked round there today and loved it; the rooms, location, JCR and the fact it's got a gym etc. I know it's really popular, hence the rushing to ask here rather than waiting for the site to work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending