Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation Guide for Undergraduate Students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by 1mark1
Right i'm still undecided on catered vs self catered. Cost is no issue for me.
From what i've gathered on these forums, Self catered are better for flexibility and flat parties etc
Catered are better for easiness, no washing no food preparation time etc.
I have basic cooking skills, so was wondering which one to choose?
Also is there like no flat parties in catered at all?
Thanks

I chose self-catered because (like you said) its better for flexibility, unlike catered (which only has a microwave and fridge) it has a full kitchen with an oven, fridge-freezer & hub. I doubt there is much of a difference (if any) in terms of parties. Also if i want the easiness, no washing and no food prep time i could easily go out for a meal. Plus i'm quite picky so the slight possibility that i might not like the food scares me :tongue:. Oh & lastly i would hate to have to keep asking my flat mates whether they want to come with me to breakfast/lunch/dinner. Take note this argument isn't very balanced - there are many positives to catered!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by 1mark1
How does the catering work. Is it like a card system with a set a amount each day? What happens if you go over the set amount? Thanks

Breakfast and Dinner are in your halls. For lunch, your uni card is topped up with money (£4.90 this year). The card can be accepted at all uni ran places on campus (I think). Food is pretty expensive imo, but you can still get a fair bit with your money.

If you go over, you just have to pay the rest in cash.
Anyone know anything about this meal card thing?
I found one for last year but I'm not sure if they are doing this year.
It's card like the catered option but only for lunch :/
Reply 983
Original post by Wanischa
Anyone know anything about this meal card thing?
I found one for last year but I'm not sure if they are doing this year.
It's card like the catered option but only for lunch :/

It doesn't look like the Catering office have updated the info yet but here's the link for the info and form download.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/_students/cafes_and_restaurants/meal_deal.htm
Reply 984
just wondering, i firmed Nottingham yesterday morning on UCAS,
and ive been trying to start my accomodation application, but it still says that i havent firmed nottingham yet

shall i just wait? :s-smilie:
Original post by BrenLee
It doesn't look like the Catering office have updated the info yet but here's the link for the info and form download.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/_students/cafes_and_restaurants/meal_deal.htm

Thanks BrenLee.
Reply 986
Original post by Rhianss
just wondering, i firmed Nottingham yesterday morning on UCAS,
and ive been trying to start my accomodation application, but it still says that i havent firmed nottingham yet

shall i just wait? :s-smilie:

Yeah, it'll take a little while for it to go through to the portal.
Check back this evening :smile:
Reply 987
Original post by Miahrose
Yeah, it'll take a little while for it to go through to the portal.
Check back this evening :smile:

okay, thanks :smile:
will try later then
I firmed Nottingham late last night, but it won't let me apply for accomodation yet. Any one know how long it takes to process your confirmation so that I can start applying?
Reply 989
Original post by A.L. C-Brown
I firmed Nottingham late last night, but it won't let me apply for accomodation yet. Any one know how long it takes to process your confirmation so that I can start applying?

i just asked this, but i emailed them and they said it can take up for two days to update
so dont worry, we'll just have to wait :smile:
Reply 990
Just wondering if anyone knows

a)Which halls on University Park "smokers" are put in (Also are there smoking areas in all halls?)
b)Which halls on University Park have extended stay options

Cheers :smile:!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 991
a)Cavendish, Hugh Stewart, Willoughby and on Jubilee Campus, Newark Hall.

b)all of them
Reply 992
Original post by BrenLee
a)Cavendish, Hugh Stewart, Willoughby and on Jubilee Campus, Newark Hall.

b)all of them

Thanks very much, just another quick question, is it true that only Nightingale has large single study rooms? Trying to decide between a normal and a large single study :smile:
Reply 993
Nope it's not true at all
Just did my acommodation application. Surprised at how quickly their system had realised I'd firmed considering what others have said.
My choices are all university park:
1. Single Study
2. Private shared bathroom
3. Large Single Study
Really want my first choice though :smile:
Also asked for a sink in the preferences bit cos of my eczema and all my creams....
Original post by BrenLee
Nope it's not true at all

Hi, I can't find any info on prices, what roughly are the fees for living on UP in:
En-suite
Shared En-suite
Single study

Thanks!
Original post by FallOnDeathsEars
Hi, I can't find any info on prices, what roughly are the fees for living on UP in:
En-suite
Shared En-suite
Single study

Thanks!

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/accommodationoptions/cateredhalls/universitypark.aspx
Reply 998
I'm most likely going to insure Notts and I'm a bit worried about what accomodation I could end with.

Will it still be possible for me to choose which Campus, Room type and Catered/Self-Catered?

Also when will I have to apply for accomodation.

Cheers in advance.
Original post by The Nafe
I'm most likely going to insure Notts and I'm a bit worried about what accomodation I could end with.

Will it still be possible for me to choose which Campus, Room type and Catered/Self-Catered?

Also when will I have to apply for accomodation.

Cheers in advance.

Yes, you will be able to choose campus, room type and catering options.
I'd advice you to apply for accommodation ASAP.

Oh wait, you are insuring Nott, then you don't have to apply for accommodation.
However, if you end up in Nott then apply for it on result day.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending