The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Try this website, it has links to sites for most medical schools in the country:

http://www.medknowledge.de/germany/study/medschools/medical_schools_uk.htm#medicalstudy
Reply 2
Morph|ne
hi all i am new to this forum,

i am doing g.c.s.e's at the moment, but i want to be a doctor.

i would be very greatful if anyone can findout what good medical schools there are near london the what their requirements, thnx

London has many many medical schools. Imperial, Kings College, Queen Mary's, UCL and St Georges. I think they're all under the university of London, but you apply to each separatley. All their requirements are ABB, except Imperial which sometimes give AAB. I would recommend applying to some of the med school outside London as well.
Imperial asks for 3 A2 Levels and 1 AS Level, and you must recieve AABB in any order.

Thus, if u gain an A at AS level for a subject and decide not to carry it on, ur requirement for A2 is ABB.
Reply 4
Unregistered
Imperial asks for 3 A2 Levels and 1 AS Level, and you must recieve AABB in any order.

Thus, if u gain an A at AS level for a subject and decide not to carry it on, ur requirement for A2 is ABB.

Are you sure? That doesn't sound too likely.

Ben
Take a look at the Prospectus 2004!

Total expected intake:
Typical GCE A/AS level grades required for entry: 3 A levels + a AS, grades AABB in any order
total expected intake: 326
Ben.S.
Are you sure? That doesn't sound too likely.

Ben

He's dead right!
Minimum requirements are 3 A2's incl. chem. biol. and one other science or maths plus another at B and an AS! What I find absolutely appalling is that Maths and Further Maths will only be accepted as one Maths qualifier. Why are Imperial making things so hard? It's not as though their graduates in medicine are recognised as the best in the country!
i jus lkd @ d IC prspectus, it does lk like its AABB in any order.
thnx :smile:
Reply 10
Unregistered
Take a look at the Prospectus 2004!

Total expected intake:
Typical GCE A/AS level grades required for entry: 3 A levels + a AS, grades AABB in any order

Wow - I thought they would have asked for AAB + an AS at A/B or something.

Ben
Unregistered
He's dead right!
Minimum requirements are 3 A2's incl. chem. biol. and one other science or maths plus another at B and an AS! What I find absolutely appalling is that Maths and Further Maths will only be accepted as one Maths qualifier. Why are Imperial making things so hard? It's not as though their graduates in medicine are recognised as the best in the country!

Are you sure about asking for chem, biol and one other science or maths, i always thought most universities that offer medicine only want chemitry and biology.
Most, I thnk, med schools do not accept Further Maths as an additional qualification. Nor do med schools accept Gen.St. To make sure, look at their websites, these are usually up to date and will answer all queries.
Reply 13
Thats correct. My offer last year was also based on my AS. Then it was ABBa or AABb - but the typical offer has been uped since then :smile:.

Latest