The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
bex_26797
Yeah, you have to firm first then ucas will send out confirmation letter, AS12, and you reply with necessary info.:smile: Remember be patient.

I thought only after when your offer is updated to unconditional will they send you the letter? :confused: For your firm offer, of course.
studyboy
I thought only after when your offer is updated to unconditional will they send you the letter? :confused: For your firm offer, of course.

No you also get a letter when you firm for a conditional and insurance condition, *looks for letter* It is called an AS9 letter, and basically says if you want to change contact them within 14days.:smile: Be patient, it will arrive after you confirm.
Reply 42
bex_26797
No you also get a letter when you firm for a conditional and insurance condition, *looks for letter* It is called an AS9 letter, and basically says if you want to change contact them within 14days.:smile: Be patient, it will arrive after you confirm.

Oh, I have an AS9 letter. It was before my firm offer became unconditional. So I guess I need to expect an AS12 coming right?:smile:
Reply 43
Hey guys, I received my AS12 letter recently. What happens next? Is my uni going to send me an acceptance letter?
so, I just accepted an unconditional offer & I have a letter from UCAS and the uni, second of which says I need to send my certificates (I'm on a gap year so I already have my grades) anyone know if this means GCSE's as well? cause that's a lot of paperwork :s-smilie:
InnocentEyes
so, I just accepted an unconditional offer & I have a letter from UCAS and the uni, second of which says I need to send my certificates (I'm on a gap year so I already have my grades) anyone know if this means GCSE's as well? cause that's a lot of paperwork :s-smilie:

Rather than get a load of guesses from us why don't you ask the university concerned? It may well vary from place to place and even between departments.
Reply 46
Hello, I don't mind if you guys knock me on the head for posting this but my on the bottom of my AS12 letter stated this

REPLY SLIP AS12

PLEASE DO NOT RETURN THIS SLIP
If you do NOT intend to take up your offer place, you should email XXXX

It means I don't have to send this reply slip to my university correct?
If all else fails follow the instructions!
Reply 48
Good bloke
If all else fails follow the instructions!

They are the instructions!:p: So i reckon you meant that I don't have to return the slip? (I want that offer so badly):biggrin: Sorry for being such a bum...being too paranoid certainly didn't help!
studyboy
I don't have to return the slip

Well spotted!
Reply 50
Good bloke
Well spotted!

Thank you so much! :biggrin:
Reply 51
Usually how long does it take the university to reply after our offer is updated from conditional to unconditional? Mine became unconditional on 31 March but I've not receive any correspondence from my university till now. Should I be worried? Will emailing or calling help?
You might well not hear anything until the results are out.
Reply 53
Good bloke
You might well not hear anything until the results are out.

:eek: That will be August! 4 more months to go!
I don't need to send my certificates, well, they haven't stated on the AS12, so I'll bring them with me in my new funky ROA when I arrive.
OK got the AS12, but they said they only wanted it returned if I was withdrawing.
Reply 56
Will the university still ask to see photocopies of your results after you've accepted an unconditional offer?
blievens
Will the university still ask to see photocopies of your results after you've accepted an unconditional offer?

They might even ask to see original certificates.
Reply 58
And I thought almost everything is settled after getting an unconditional offer :s-smilie:
Reply 59
Stupid question, but is there any need for me to select an insurance choice seeing as all my offers are unconditional? UCAS seems to want me to, or at least I'm getting the option to do so.

I take it there's no reason why I shouldn't end up at my firm at this point?

Latest

Trending

Trending