The Student Room Group

Is Berkshire really posh?

Scroll to see replies

as someone pointed out but seemed to fall on deaf ears Henley is not in Berkshire but is actually in Oxfordshire (which, get this, actually has a few decidedly non-posh areas as well. yes i know, unbelievable eh!)
naivesincerity
What like when not dealing with the lower orders?

Precisely.

Or at an important event and the such.
icantthinkofacoolusername
Precisely.

Or at an important event and the such.

Goes to show really why I don't much care for posh people.
Reply 43
naivesincerity
You didn't read it. I said for more than one generation. If David Beckham's kids and grandkids all keep the fortune, go on to earn themselves, and go through top private schools, would you accept that his grandchildren are now posh?

Not if they have the same demeanour as him/act like he does/speak like he does etc, no.
Angelil
Not if they have the same demeanour as him/act like he does/speak like he does etc, no.

Well they wouldnt if they'd been through private schools would they?
Anyway, I guess btw, you're suggesting this a high aim to aspire to, poshness?
Reply 45
That depends on your point of view. For some people there's nothing worse.
naivesincerity
Goes to show really why I don't much care for posh people.

And probably why they don't care much for you.
And probably why they don't care much for you.

Yup. My point is really not against anyone with wealth. It's more people who cannot just accept a person is a person and try and use their backgound to inflate their own importance.
Reply 48
naivesincerity
Yup. My point is really not against anyone with wealth. It's more people who cannot just accept a person is a person and try and use their backgound to inflate their own importance.

Didn't you once argue against accusations of academic inferiority by saying you were secure because your father was a Cambridge professor? Do any of your arguments make sense?
puppy
Didn't you once argue against accusations of academic inferiority by saying you were secure because your father was a Cambridge professor? Do any of your arguments make sense?

No, I said I didn't resent Oxbridge, how could I because my Dad was a professor in Cambridge? Don't even try and pretend that that's the same ballpark as those people who try use all the rhetoric about the trappings of their wealth to try and belittle other people, because it isn't.
Reply 50
naivesincerity
No, I said I didn't resent Oxbridge, how could I because my Dad was a professor in Cambridge? Don't even try and pretend that that's the same ballpark as those people who try use all the rhetoric about the trappings of their wealth to try and belittle other people, because it isn't.

No it's exactly the same, and the people you're talking about exist largely in your own imagination.
puppy
No it's exactly the same, and the people you're talking about exist largely in your own imagination.

They don't.
^o)

Mind, Henley's not been the same since I left ;no;

Henley's been a boom town ever since you left.
Pfft, it's the same as anywhere. Full of chavs in parts, full of posh people in others :p:
posh people and chavs eurrghhh :rolleyes:
white_haired_wizard
posh people and chavs eurrghhh :rolleyes:

You just don't fit in anywhere do you sweetie ;console;
i transcend the divides, there's very few of us who can :smile:
Of course you do :smile:

*cough* loser *cough*
* does
One day I'll let you come to Oxford and I'll show you how we do it at the top :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest