The Student Room Group

Science work experience y10

Hi! So I'm in year 10 right now and I'm starting to think about summer work experience.
I want to go into biological/life sciences when I'm older, but I'm not sure what kind of work experience I'd need- and it's already difficult to find work experience for y10 anyway!
I live in berkshire but tbh I think I should be fine if I need to travel a bit, so if anyone knows any science-y work experience near here I'd LOVE some ideas :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by TrulyDevious1590
Hi! So I'm in year 10 right now and I'm starting to think about summer work experience.
I want to go into biological/life sciences when I'm older, but I'm not sure what kind of work experience I'd need- and it's already difficult to find work experience for y10 anyway!
I live in berkshire but tbh I think I should be fine if I need to travel a bit, so if anyone knows any science-y work experience near here I'd LOVE some ideas :smile:

Hi there. I’m in yr12 and I did some work experience at a local wetland type park in the area, helping teach children about biodiversity and the environment, so maybe look out for any parks that may be looking for volunteers and stuff like that. You could always do litter picking if you can’t find anything specific, all work experience is usually good work experience. If you cant find anything at the moment I wouldn’t stress about it, work experience in year 10 isn’t a huge deal, as you aren’t doing a levels yet! Best of luck.
-Anna

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending