The Student Room Group

Mr Birling and Titanic

If the questions on the exam would be about Mr Birling, when he says that Titanic is 'unsinkable, absolutely unsinkable', could I say that the dramatic irony suggests that sinking of the Titanic reflects upon Birling's capitalistic ideology that will be eradicated by Inspector. However, Priestley highlights through this use of dramatic irony that capitalists beliefs are totally wrong and that society should be reformed.
Yeah
yep! exactly that :biggrin:

Original post by gandalfhan
If the questions on the exam would be about Mr Birling, when he says that Titanic is 'unsinkable, absolutely unsinkable', could I say that the dramatic irony suggests that sinking of the Titanic reflects upon Birling's capitalistic ideology that will be eradicated by Inspector. However, Priestley highlights through this use of dramatic irony that capitalists beliefs are totally wrong and that society should be reformed.
Reply 3
This is a true extract
Reply 4
Any interpretation is permitted.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by gandalfhan

big winky bum bum
:biggrin: Yes yes i agree
:frown:
Reply 8
Original post by FaZeEnglandTeach
big winky bum bum

Big winky bum bum what
Reply 9
Original post by FaZeEnglandTeach
big winky bum bum

What is that

Quick Reply