The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 1 (8702/1) - 13th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 1 (8702/1) - 13th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam.
Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 13 May/ AM
Length: 1h 45m

Good luck!
Click here to find exam discussions for other GCSE subjects
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any predictions for Macbeth and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?
Reply 2
Original post by gamagool
Any predictions for Macbeth and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?

for macbeth i would say a banquo question however for j and h cant predict
Any predictions for Jane eyre or Romeo and Juliet ?
Original post by Unknown4567
Any predictions for Jane eyre or Romeo and Juliet ?

mercutio or tybalt
any predictions for power and conflict poetry or an inspector calls?
Any predictions for

much ado about nothing

pride and prejudice

(edited 2 weeks ago)
Original post by caeli.rue

Inspector calls i think mr birling or gerald. Power and conflict i think poppies
Original post by caeli.rue

storm on the island or the prelude
and social responsibility or for the charcter mr or mrs birling
Original post by username6915550
Inspector calls i think mr birling or gerald. Power and conflict i think poppies

gerald was 2023 so probably mr birling or mrs birling
tbh i think for English lit aqa macbeth we r gonna get either lady macbeth/guilt or kingship, anyone think so or otherwise?
Original post by darw3zzy
tbh i think for English lit aqa macbeth we r gonna get either lady macbeth/guilt or kingship, anyone think so or otherwise?

they said kingship last yr but my teacher was saying that its a bit limited to write on and might confuse students
as there's obviously a range of skill sets for English with no foundation etc
I think guilt is a good one as mcbeth and lm are easy to write abt and lm hasn't come up for a while so it could be
I was just thinking cuz last yr was on Macbeths changes as a man so would they give 2 characters consecutively in the exams or is that not a thing to consider
i was thinking ambition or guilt for Macbeth, if its banquo im cooked. Anyone know any banquo quotes?
if it is guilt i assume it may potentially be linked to lady macbeth?
Original post by gamagool
i was thinking ambition or guilt for Macbeth, if its banquo im cooked. Anyone know any banquo quotes?
that instrument,ents of darkness one I cant remember it
Guys how do i remember the analysis for quotes, with all the themes and all the characters its just too much and if im being realistic i dont think i can remember everything.
Any predictions for love and relationship poems?
Original post by jittery-veneer
Guys how do i remember the analysis for quotes, with all the themes and all the characters its just too much and if im being realistic i dont think i can remember everything.

id pick 3 quotes that are the best
analysis wise
and if they can link to most themes or characters
then write a mind map w analysis or paragraph and keep rewriting it till u remember
either blurt it or speak it
but def practice writing it in timed conditions
id also reccomened memorising an intro which is easily altered
it works really well for me I use the same 3 quotes every question in all three books and its always a guaranteed nine
honestly u just have to make a link to the theme or character in the question
e.g question abt banquos reaction to the supernatural
I use a quote from Lady Macbeth and what I say is the quote highlights Macbeths ineptitude of ascendancy over Lady Macbeth and the reversal of their roles leading to their harmartia as a result of their failure in fulling their archetypal roles as a Jacobean man/ women moreover their repudiation of god and the toxic masculinity imminent In a Jacobean society is perhaps the reason for Macbeth to be mislead by the witches into committing regicide thus serving as a foil to banquo who embodies the archetypal role of Jacobean men then id link a quote from the extract abt banquo towards the supernatural and compare his response to the supernatural
honestly isn't that hard to make a link something less direct than that should also do it
they just want to see ur interpretations of the quotes and all u need to so is just link them
cut down the work but memorising fewer quotes!!
Original post by riley.luce
id pick 3 quotes that are the best
analysis wise
and if they can link to most themes or characters
then write a mind map w analysis or paragraph and keep rewriting it till u remember
either blurt it or speak it
but def practice writing it in timed conditions
id also reccomened memorising an intro which is easily altered
it works really well for me I use the same 3 quotes every question in all three books and its always a guaranteed nine
honestly u just have to make a link to the theme or character in the question
e.g question abt banquos reaction to the supernatural
I use a quote from Lady Macbeth and what I say is the quote highlights Macbeths ineptitude of ascendancy over Lady Macbeth and the reversal of their roles leading to their harmartia as a result of their failure in fulling their archetypal roles as a Jacobean man/ women moreover their repudiation of god and the toxic masculinity imminent In a Jacobean society is perhaps the reason for Macbeth to be mislead by the witches into committing regicide thus serving as a foil to banquo who embodies the archetypal role of Jacobean men then id link a quote from the extract abt banquo towards the supernatural and compare his response to the supernatural
honestly isn't that hard to make a link something less direct than that should also do it
they just want to see ur interpretations of the quotes and all u need to so is just link them
cut down the work but memorising fewer quotes!!

Thanks alott!! i will definitely do this
Original post by jittery-veneer
Thanks alott!! i will definitely do this

nw!
if u have any questions feel free to ask ik that wasn't the best of explanations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending