The Student Room Group

GCSE 2023 Eduqas Component 2 Literature paper

Hi, so today i sat my GCSE component 2 for literature and well lets say the questions were slightly frustrating and unexpecting.
So for the Inspector calls question it was about 'Some of the Characters reaction throughout the play about the truths' so this question is not word for word but gives the overall gist of the question and was pretty decent although it didn't give much insight on what the main focus should be. Moreover the Christmas carol question was focused on 'Supernatural and ghostly appearances happen throughout the novel discuss the impact of them throughout the novel' again this isn't word for word but shows the overall understanding of the question.
Reply 1
hey i sat the same exam as you today and i agree even the extracts given weren't amazing. how did you find the unseen poetry? i just wanna make sure i got the meaning and message of the poems right lmao.

Original post by 18Naree-W
Hi, so today i sat my GCSE component 2 for literature and well lets say the questions were slightly frustrating and unexpecting.
So for the Inspector calls question it was about 'Some of the Characters reaction throughout the play about the truths' so this question is not word for word but gives the overall gist of the question and was pretty decent although it didn't give much insight on what the main focus should be. Moreover the Christmas carol question was focused on 'Supernatural and ghostly appearances happen throughout the novel discuss the impact of them throughout the novel' again this isn't word for word but shows the overall understanding of the question.
Reply 2
i did same paper but lotf and jekyll and hyde, unseen poetry was pretty okay tbh, we had done "nettles" in year ten so i was kinda familiar with it already, i talked about how it was a parent trying to protect their child from harm, showing the almost innate instinct to protect offspring, but i also talked about how it was futile since it is near impossible to forever protect, shown through the personification of "busy sun and rain", even the elements are busy working, it is impossible to stop the course of nature. Then i talked about how the last line was a metaphor for how the child will undergo many conflicts in life and whilst a parent wants to stop this, it is not possible. The poet may be describing like how parents should allow their kids to grow up. Idk it was kinda purre waffle, i felt like loads of my points were super similar
I liked the second poem better, i said how it was a father celebrating a child's victories and suggesting how it is okay to find things difficult and struggle, but you should celebrate what you have already achieved. I struggled to find comparison points between the two though.
Bro i hope grade boundaries are low cos my extract questions were pretty much a flop
Reply 3
Original post by aahanam
hey i sat the same exam as you today and i agree even the extracts given weren't amazing. how did you find the unseen poetry? i just wanna make sure i got the meaning and message of the poems right lmao.

Hi, sorry for the late reply but yea the unseen poetry was really straight forward and i just spoke about how nature is overpowering and has some defects that not many people visualise straight away, and abt it being a metaphorical analysis of the poem from a fathers perspective and how he wants to shield his son from the brutalities of the world. Overall, the poem was easy to get my head around. And for the comparison i wrote abt it being very optimistic and victories as it showed that you can fight against nature (aka the tormenting of the world), but in general the comparison and the poem were better than i had expected
Reply 4
Original post by lol123.
i did same paper but lotf and jekyll and hyde, unseen poetry was pretty okay tbh, we had done "nettles" in year ten so i was kinda familiar with it already, i talked about how it was a parent trying to protect their child from harm, showing the almost innate instinct to protect offspring, but i also talked about how it was futile since it is near impossible to forever protect, shown through the personification of "busy sun and rain", even the elements are busy working, it is impossible to stop the course of nature. Then i talked about how the last line was a metaphor for how the child will undergo many conflicts in life and whilst a parent wants to stop this, it is not possible. The poet may be describing like how parents should allow their kids to grow up. Idk it was kinda purre waffle, i felt like loads of my points were super similar
I liked the second poem better, i said how it was a father celebrating a child's victories and suggesting how it is okay to find things difficult and struggle, but you should celebrate what you have already achieved. I struggled to find comparison points between the two though.
Bro i hope grade boundaries are low cos my extract questions were pretty much a flop

What was the Jekyll and Hyde question if you remember? I've got my year 11 movks and they are using last year's tests
Reply 5

I’m currently doing my mocks - so the 2023 equdas compenent 2 literature paper ACC question is about supernatural and importance of ghosts?
Hi, so today i sat my GCSE component 2 for literature and well lets say the questions were slightly frustrating and unexpecting. So for the Inspector calls question it was about 'Some of the Characters reaction throughout the play about the truths' so this question is not word for word but gives the overall gist of the question and was pretty decent although it didn't give much insight on what the main focus should be. Moreover the Christmas carol question was focused on 'Supernatural and ghostly appearances happen throughout the novel discuss the impact of them throughout the novel' again this isn't word for word but shows the overall understanding of the question.
hiya, what was the eduqas question for macbeth? x
Original post by taylaoulton
hiya, what was the eduqas question for macbeth? x

it was on macbeth & banquo for question a)
and it was on lady macbeth in b?
not sure but i think it was them 2
Original post by lol123.

which poem was the second one?
Reply 9
do you know what part the extract was about?? for each
Original post by sxnidagoat
hey do you know which characters there was in the inspector calls question?
the extract was basically about mrs birling finding out about eric
Original post by Ahyzah
do you know what part the extract was about?? for each
the extract for an inspector calls was where mrs birling realizes eric is the guy and for a Christmas carol its a part in the book that talks about scrooge seeing marleys face on a doorknob
Original post by maryamxxx
the extract for an inspector calls was where mrs birling realizes eric is the guy and for a Christmas carol its a part in the book that talks about scrooge seeing marleys face on a doorknob
smartie
Reply 13
sorry for the late replies, i ended up with 2 9s in English lit and lang haha
jekyll and hyde extract was the scene with the damned juggernaut
and lotf was how is civilisation presented I think?
poem was london, compare it to living space :smile:
Hey so was the comparison question about sense of place? What theme was it
Original post by kasiasia
Hey so was the comparison question about sense of place? What theme was it

Stop trying to cheat.
Reply 16
Original post by lol123.
sorry for the late replies, i ended up with 2 9s in English lit and lang haha
jekyll and hyde extract was the scene with the damned juggernaut
and lotf was how is civilisation presented I think?
poem was london, compare it to living space :smile:

sorry, what was the main essay question for J&H?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending