The Student Room Group

AQA A-level English Language Paper 2 (7702/2) - 5th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

AQA A Level English Language Paper 2 (7702/2) - 5th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 5th June 2023/ AM
Length: 2h 30m

Scroll to see replies

Good luck with P2-I hope Language change comes up!
Reply 2
Original post by LuckyStarMagic
Good luck with P2-I hope Language change comes up!

I'm pretty sure language change comes up anyway for the evaluate question since the whole paper is language diversity and change so there will either be a diversity question and language change for the evaluate ones. I do hope that section B is language change too since it has never been on that.
That would be gr8 if it did come up for section B.
Reply 4
Hoping the diversity essay isn't occupation based
Reply 5
Original post by Bloosh_Xii
I'm pretty sure language change comes up anyway for the evaluate question since the whole paper is language diversity and change so there will either be a diversity question and language change for the evaluate ones. I do hope that section B is language change too since it has never been on that.

I am pretty sure that for the either or question the exam board can give two diversity or two language change questions. it doesn't have to be one of each (hopefully it is as that's better) but yeah
Reply 6
Can someone sum up what topics we need to know, my teachers focused wayyy too much on child language im not prepared for this paper
Reply 7
Original post by Aya9
Can someone sum up what topics we need to know, my teachers focused wayyy too much on child language im not prepared for this paper

same im so scared :mad:
Original post by iz.05
same im so scared :mad:

does anyone else believe that you cannot revise for the opinion article?? it's all about the vibes in the articles icl...
Reply 9
anyone have any ideas on what could come up for change/diversity? feels impossible to even guess
No ideas about what could come up.
Original post by izzy4509x
anyone have any ideas on what could come up for change/diversity? feels impossible to even guess

occupation and age hasn't come up for the diversity questions
Reply 12
Original post by onlinegyaah
occupation and age hasn't come up for the diversity questions

yeah same with ethnicity and power I think, how would these be worded?
Reply 13
for change I feel like they've kinda covered all bases at this point, they might do something more specific like evaluating the impact of X (like technology or something) on the process of language change
yeah same with ethnicity and power I think, how would these be worded?

power and occupation often come together so they might just ask a broad question like evaluate the idea that language is a result of power (im so bad at coming up with questions..)
ethnicity would be a really bad one to discuss considering there isn't enough theorists to do a whole evaluation on. they might use it for the section B since it ties in nicely with variations? but im pretty sure accents have already come up
for change I feel like they've kinda covered all bases at this point, they might do something more specific like evaluating the impact of X (like technology or something) on the process of language change

they have already does technology but i wouldn't be surprised if it was specifically centred around world englishes or language decay
How do you think your paper 1 went? Also I’m worried for Monday because I’ve got psychology P3 on the same day :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by f.i.z.z.e.r
How do you think your paper 1 went? Also I’m worried for Monday because I’ve got psychology P3 on the same day :frown:

me too its so annoying omg, honestly I never have any clue how an English paper has gone but ive always managed to get high Bs so if its that then im fine haha
I’m pleased with how P1 went for me. I’m not too worried for P2. Let’s hope the inserts are good.
Reply 19
Original post by f.i.z.z.e.r

I think for me, paper 1, the newer article was a little difficult to grasp than the older text and normally it's vice versa. CLA Q4 was really nice. I'm in the same boat too, I'm trying to revise for paper 2 for English but because of too many topics for psych paper 3, it's a struggle. Let's pray that the questions are nice for English Lang P2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending