The Student Room Group

AQA A Geography skills paper- is my teacher right?

I was looking at the syllabus again the other day, and on page 26 here it says that the pre-release topics for June 2008 are Water on the Land and Settlements Processes and Patterns.

This makes sense, because on our field trip at the end of last year we studied a river and also different types of settlements where suburbanisation, counterurbanisation etc. had occurred, so my teacher must have been aware of the pre-release topics. However, when we were doing ecosystems for the Physical unit she kept saying: "make sure you remember this for the summer, because it will definitely be on your skills paper". I just looked at our revision timetable, and she's set aside several lessons to go over ecosystems in more detail. :s: Am I being incredibly dim here, but surely the skills paper's going to be on the pre-release topics quoted in the syllabus (rivers and settlements basically) and not on ecosystems which would come under Energy and Life?

Thanks for any help guys! :smile:

*edit* just to illustrate my point a little, the topics for January 2007 were Energy and Life and Settlement Processes and Patterns according to the '07 specification, and this was the paper which came up. All that it covers is succession, soils, and a relevant fieldwork question, then suburbanisation, growth of settlements etc, and the fieldwork question. So the papers do seem to follow the pre-release topics and nothing else.

Latest

Trending

Trending