The Student Room Group

Kent vs Aston?

I am in clearing contacting bunch of universities

I already got into my insurance offer of Aston with mathematics and computer science.

I would like to know how these two universities stack up against each other?

I also have an offer from UEA but the problem is that they offer "Computing science" and not "computer science", from what I have read in other threads there seems to be a general knowledge that computing is less amthematical and more practical.

What are your opinions on Kent vs Aston? and opinion on Computing science from UEA?

Holding on offer of computer science from kent

p.s I have made same thread in Kent's section but no one seems to be online and judging from everything its a dead section
Hi emprex... already replied in the other thread, but I'll paste it here for others to see too 👋

I currently do Computer Science at Aston, so I could probably add some input.

My favourite thing about CS here is that it's one of two unis (which I know of) which has it's own Software Company! Beautiful Canoe gives students the chance to add experience to their CV before placement year and graduation. You get to work with real clients and projects. Here's a video about it.

Another thing I love is that Aston has the Computer Science Industry Club. This is a chance for the CS students to show off their projects, such as coursework or group projects, to our local tech companies, where they are looking to hire people for placement and graduation!

I honestly couldn't recommend Aston enough for Computer Science. The content is interesting, and the lecturers are great at what they do. Some will even let you get involved with their research, if you ask politely enough

If you have any questions, shoot them my way! ^Kam
Reply 2
Hi I’m thinking of choosing Aston uni for computer science could you give me an insight to what the teaching, student satisfaction is like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending