The Student Room Group

geography vs economics a level which one is easier???

so, i have to choose my final a level choices by monday and im torn between economics and geography as i love them both equally and perform relatively similarly ( A* in econ and an 8 in geography) . But as i want to do 4 subjects Maths chem physics and geo/ econ i want to know which one is generally easier at a level.. the boards are edexcel for both
im doing 4 cos i really like the sciences as well as social sciences/ humanities such as econ and geo.
Reply 1
Simple geography is a facilitating subject, so definitely not easy, so economics would be the easier option.
Obviously the difficulty level varies between individuals but I would take economics cuz it's more applicable to real life. Economic concepts and theories aren't hard to decipher but analyzing and evaluating are, but practice will undoubtedly get you the top grade. It's also easier to get a job with an econ degree if you haven't already confirmed what you're gonna do at uni. Also, from what my peers say, there isn't much of a jump between GCSE econ and A-level.
Reply 3
ah okay thanks for the info
Original post by amanv
so, i have to choose my final a level choices by monday and im torn between economics and geography as i love them both equally and perform relatively similarly ( A* in econ and an 8 in geography) . But as i want to do 4 subjects Maths chem physics and geo/ econ i want to know which one is generally easier at a level.. the boards are edexcel for both
im doing 4 cos i really like the sciences as well as social sciences/ humanities such as econ and geo.

am actually in the same position as you currently choosing to do bio chem and my third is either geog or economics I want have enough time to focus mainly on bio and chem and the third a level should be easier for me to focus on. any ideas about which to pick?

Quick Reply

Latest