The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey Uni Questions... Please answer :)

1. What is the accommodation at International House like?

2. Can you do your own laundry in halls, or do you have to use the laundrette?

3. How can you get between Stag Hill and Manor Farm campuses?

4. Is the accommodation at International House quiet?

5. What are the Physics staff like?

6. Are the Physics facilities good?
Hi there,

1) International house is located in the middle of campus, it takes barely 5 minutes to go lecture buildings. Rooms also seem nice. It also has a common TV room which other accoms don't have.

2) You do it in laundrette. There is a mobile app which you can see the timer, so people just leave.

3) I often walk, it takes 15 minutes or something. But there are also buses.

4) It is near the driveway, but still quieter than many places. No train sounds is a big plus lol.

5) CS student over here, pass.

6) Seems okay to me.
(edited 5 years ago)
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by tzangetsu
Hi there,

1) International house is located in the middle of campus, it takes barely 5 minutes to go lecture buildings. Rooms also seem nice. It also has a common TV room which other accoms don't have.

2) You do it in laundrette. There is a mobile app which you can see the timer, so people just leave.

3) I often walk, it takes 15 minutes or something. But there are also buses.

4) It is near the driveway, but still quieter than many places. No train sounds is a big plus lol.

5) CS student over here, pass.

6) Seems okay to me.

Hi, thanks for your message :smile:

I have a couple of further questions:

(a) How long does it take to get between the laundrette and International House?

(b) How much do the buses between the two campuses cost?

(c) Are the actual halls quiet; will there be lots of noise from parties and other students?
Original post by Quantum_of_Hope
Hi, thanks for your message :smile:

I have a couple of further questions:

(a) How long does it take to get between the laundrette and International House?

(b) How much do the buses between the two campuses cost?

(c) Are the actual halls quiet; will there be lots of noise from parties and other students?

a) Probably still 5 minutes.

b)

c) It’s not allowed to bring your friends as a group to your room. In order to party, you must let the school administration know. But even if it’s allowed, after 11pm everyone needs to go home. You may submit noise complaints anonly otherwise.
(edited 5 years ago)
a) Probably still 5 minutes.

b)

c) It’s not allowed to bring your friends as a group to your room. In order to party, you must let the school administration know. But even if it’s allowed, after 11pm everyone needs to go home. You may submit noise complaints anonly otherwise.

Thanks, that's good news because I am not a fan of noise! It makes my anxiety even worse.

Is the £1 for a return or just to get there?
Original post by Quantum_of_Hope
Thanks, that's good news because I am not a fan of noise! It makes my anxiety even worse.

Is the £1 for a return or just to get there?

you should be okay tbh and yeah it's one way.
you should be okay tbh and yeah it's one way.

Thanks :smile: Urgh that will be expensive when it all adds up so walking/cycling sounds like the better option!

Sorry for all the questions! I have another: how much does it cost to do laundry at Surrey per washing load?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending