The Student Room Group

Is 5’10 short?

Hello, I am 19 and about 5’10, I was 5’9 when I turned 18, my goal is to reach at least 5’11.

Being 5’10 with people all ages I feel average but in uni I feel like a dwarf, like there’s a lot of 6’3,6’4 guys... and girls are 5’8,5’9...

My dream height is 6’2 but I know I won’t reach that so something more realistic like 5’11 would be fine, I mean I wouldn’t be tall but nobody should call me short...

My question is, can I grow 1 inch?

Scroll to see replies

Potentially.
Depends on your genetics which determine your height. There is nothing you can personally do to grow
Most woman tend to be 5'5 by the way, that is average.
Average for men is 5'9 so you are just above average
Reply 2
You should keep growing until you are 25-ish...
Original post by AllezTheReds
Hello, I am 19 and about 5’10, I was 5’9 when I turned 18, my goal is to reach at least 5’11.

Being 5’10 with people all ages I feel average but in uni I feel like a dwarf, like there’s a lot of 6’3,6’4 guys... and girls are 5’8,5’9...

My dream height is 6’2 but I know I won’t reach that so something more realistic like 5’11 would be fine, I mean I wouldn’t be tall but nobody should call me short...

Lol yes. I was manlet height of 5'10" too around 4-5 months ago but a lot of stretching exercises and milk later, I am now 5'11"+ and 5'11.5" which is basically 6' in the morning after a good night's sleep. If you want a temporary fix, just wear lifts and timberlands. You'll get to over 6'.

Not at all, I'm a 5'7 male and I feel average so you're fine where you are.
Reply 5
Rofl... I'm 5' 8" and find everything two inches out of reach. I used to think I had short arms until I realised it's not the arms... it's the reach! The world is designed for 6 foot males including the sockets on the back of the TV set. Ladies might also like to complain about this sexist design feature.

As 5’10 is the average height then no it’s not
Reply 7
there's more than seven billion people.
we are so self centred.
5'10 is good.
limb lengthening surgery

I went from 4'10 to 7'3 beast
Original post by akash3141
Lol yes. I was manlet height of 5'10" too around 4-5 months ago but a lot of stretching exercises and milk later, I am now 5'11"+ and 5'11.5" which is basically 6' in the morning after a good night's sleep. If you want a temporary fix, just wear lifts and timberlands. You'll get to over 6'.

Which exercises do you recommend? How much milk did you drink a day?

I also try to stay more time in the sun for Vitamin D...

Original post by Vinny C
Rofl... I'm 5' 8" and find everything two inches out of reach. I used to think I had short arms until I realised it's not the arms... it's the reach! The world is designed for 6 foot males including the sockets on the back of the TV set. Ladies might also like to complain about this sexist design feature.

Yeah, I’m 5ft10 and even though I’m supposed to be the average for guys in the UK, I feel short...

Like yeah there’s some 5’7 guys and I feel fairly tall but then a group of 6’3 guys appear and I feel like a minion lol

Original post by Miran.javeed
im 15 at 5 ft 5 inches will i grow?

If you are a guy you should, I was 5’8.5 at 15, now I’m 5’10 at 19, hopefully 5’11
Reply 10
I’m a whole foot shorter than you

Yeah, I’m 5ft10 and even though I’m supposed to be the average for guys in the UK, I feel short...

Like yeah there’s some 5’7 guys and I feel fairly tall but then a group of 6’3 guys appear and I feel like a minion lol

If you are a guy you should, I was 5’8.5 at 15, now I’m 5’10 at 19, hopefully 5’11

Loads more examples... top shelves at supermarket, hanging curtains. In Japan, such things are a good 4 inches lower and you notice the difference.
No.
Original post by Anonymous
Not at all, I'm a 5'7 male and I feel average so you're fine where you are.

Same height as you and i feel SHORT AF. Why the **** is every guy over 6' nowadays!! smh- being outcompeted.

Approximately a litre but I don't have it everyday anymore, maybe four or five times a week. For exercises, do cobra stretches for 20 seconds around 4-5 times a day and do the mountain yoga stretch around three times after you wake up.

Also if your posture isn't perfect, you can get around 0.5 inch if you just stand tall and properly.

I'm from Belgium... allez les Diables!
Original post by Vinny C
Loads more examples... top shelves at supermarket, hanging curtains. In Japan, such things are a good 4 inches lower and you notice the difference.

Well yeah, if I’m not mistaken some regions of Belgium have some of the tallest people in the world, meanwhile Japan average must be like 5’8, so you would feel pretty average there...

Original post by akash3141
Approximately a litre but I don't have it everyday anymore, maybe four or five times a week. For exercises, do cobra stretches for 20 seconds around 4-5 times a day and do the mountain yoga stretch around three times after you wake up.

Also if your posture isn't perfect, you can get around 0.5 inch if you just stand tall and properly.

But does stretching really works? Because I’ve googled and many people say that it’s like a placebo and it doesn’t really help you to grow taller... I’ll still do that tho, nothing to lose...
And I hope to grow to 5’11-5’11.5 like you, it would be great haha
Well yeah, if I’m not mistaken some regions of Belgium have some of the tallest people in the world, meanwhile Japan average must be like 5’8, so you would feel pretty average there...

But does stretching really works? Because I’ve googled and many people say that it’s like a placebo and it doesn’t really help you to grow taller... I’ll still do that tho, nothing to lose...
And I hope to grow to 5’11-5’11.5 like you, it would be great haha

Jean Claude Van Damme is tall? Belgium has some of the coolest people in the world... not the tallest, sorry.
Where do you live?
I am 5'4 girl and it's about the average here in Israel.
5'10 is about the average for guys here.

5.10 is good height man My best mate is 5.10 and pulls girls on nights with no worries Chill man don't over think for no reason.

Latest