The Student Room Group

procrastination

does anyone have any advice on how to stop procrastinating and being lazy when studying for gcses
Reply 1
make small to do list of stuff you wanna get done today, make it quite small so your not overwhelmed, set a timer/use pomodoro timer/flora or forest and just try to do 10 minutes. The hardest part with procrastination is normally just starting so hopefully just trying to do a little bit will jump you back into revision mode. good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
make small to do list of stuff you wanna get done today, make it quite small so your not overwhelmed, set a timer/use pomodoro timer/flora or forest and just try to do 10 minutes. The hardest part with procrastination is normally just starting so hopefully just trying to do a little bit will jump you back into revision mode. good luck!

thanks, ill try!!
Reply 3
yo,
similar to what the dude above said.
split your to-do stuff into absurdly short time frames, such as 5 mins of practice questions or something like 10 minutes of reading the textbook. after you get the hang of these, try to lengthen or combine these short sessions together. if you just can't start, try getting a family member or a friend just to sit by you, that way you're not alone and hence most likely will be less tempted to procrastinate. I'm a year 10 student here, with a handful of solids 9's, and that's the best advice I can give you. trust me on one thing, revising isn't that hard, it's the consistency that's hard my friend. another thing, if your environment isn't the best try to go somewhere like a library, I'm sure your school has one, there you might find other people studying which might help you focus.
I cant think of much else, other than try to steer away from music, a bit of Lofi is ok every now and then, but music can be very distracting.
Procrastination can be a real crusher, I know. In my experience, breaking your study sessions into smaller, manageable chunks (like, say, 25 minutes of focused work followed by a 5-minute brain break) can help keep you on track.

Also, you can use this productivity measurement tool to track your productive time. They have a cheap monthly plan per user where you can use automatic time tracking, productivity calculation, and unlimited tasks.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending