So who do you think will win this year's FIFA Ballon D'Or 🤔
1.Modric
2.Messi
3.Ronaldo
My guess is Messi😉
What's yours???!

Scroll to see replies

Messi.

He is playing by far the best up to now.
Reply 2
Modric definitely shouldn’t get it, it’s meant be for best player and no one can argue it isn’t Ronaldo or Messi
Actually it's meant to be for the player who is considered to have performed the best over the past twelve months, not merely the 'best' player. Else Messi should just be given it every year until he retires. Modric has won the CL for the third time in a row and reached a World Cup Final with a very small country. These achievements will be considered and he will be in the top three.
Original post by sb10
Modric definitely shouldn’t get it, it’s meant be for best player and no one can argue it isn’t Ronaldo or Messi
Original post by Wilfred Little
Actually it's meant to be for the player who is considered to have performed the best over the past twelve months, not merely the 'best' player. Else Messi should just be given it every year until he retires. Modric has won the CL for the third time in a row and reached a World Cup Final with a very small country. These achievements will be considered and he will be in the top three.

Well he already won FIFA World Player of the Year. But that was given earlier.

This new season he has been dreadful and so he does not deserve to win. Shame Messi got injured else I'd say he'd win for sure.

Ronaldo is picking up at Juve, so one of the two. But Modric, no.
If there is any justice in football ( lol ) then modric should be getting the award this year!
Original post by Evil Homer
If there is any justice in football ( lol ) then modric should be getting the award this year!

Why not Salah? The first half of the year were absolutely outstanding. Just coz Modric plays at Real and won the CL again and got to the final? He and Salah have equally dropped in performance since the World Cup, but before Salah was easily better.
@yudothis Modric's performance in the world cup puts him on top easily.

He also plays in Spain, which as we all know is a requirment with these nonsense award.
KANTE. I am being serious. He has been one of the most important players in world football this season. There's a reason the French squad praised him highly after they won the WC, but as he is a defensive player and doesn't make the headlines he will never get a chance to win the award.

It's like, as an Arsenal fan, when people say Aubameyang or Lacazette are our best/most important players. I instantly say no, it's definitely Torreira.
Ronaldo has absolutely no chance. Messi won't win it either.
Original post by yudothis
Well he already won FIFA World Player of the Year. But that was given earlier.

This new season he has been dreadful and so he does not deserve to win. Shame Messi got injured else I'd say he'd win for sure.

Ronaldo is picking up at Juve, so one of the two. But Modric, no.
Ronaldo has absolutely no chance. Messi won't win it either.

They were better than Modric.

Personally I would give it to Salah.
Ronaldo was nailed on to win it, but he doesn't play in La Liga anymore and there's allegations about his private life, so maybe not anymore.

Don't think anyone had Modric down as being the player who'd break the Messi/Ronaldo duopoly.
Modric has done nothing this season. I guess he's just winning because he had a good World Cup.
It's a shame he didn't win the CL for the third time in a row last season really. Might have had a chance if he had.
Original post by Diego Costa
Modric has done nothing this season. I guess he's just winning because he had a good World Cup.
It's a shame he didn't win the CL for the third time in a row last season really. Might have had a chance if he had.

What a load of nonsense.

Firstly, I said he had done nothing THIS SEASON, as Real Madrid are in mid table, so your reference to the CL is silly. I never said that getting to be the runner up of the World Cup was his only achievement as you're suggesting.

Secondly, regarding the aforementioned to the CL, I'm not even sure if he gets that much credit for it. In the final, Real were incredibly lucky to beat Liverpool who had a pretty limited midfield. In the semi's Bayern dominated the possession and MIDFIELD battle. So I guess he gets the credit for scrambling past Juve and beating PSG in the R16.

Real Madrid were weak for most of the second half of the 2017/2018 season only averaging around 2.05 ppg to finish 19 points behind Barcelona. This was despite Ronaldo scoring 22 goals from January onward.

So yes, the reason he'd win would be the World Cup.
The season only started two months ago and the Ballon d'Or is awarded based on calander year performance. Also if you think a player winning the CL counts for nothing when it comes to the voting then I'd suggest you haven't been paying attention for the past fifteen years or so.
Original post by Diego Costa
What a load of nonsense.

Firstly, I said he had done nothing THIS SEASON, as Real Madrid are in mid table, so your reference to the CL is silly. I never said that getting to be the runner up of the World Cup was his only achievement as you're suggesting.

Secondly, regarding the aforementioned to the CL, I'm not even sure if he gets that much credit for it. In the final, Real were incredibly lucky to beat Liverpool who had a pretty limited midfield. In the semi's Bayern dominated the possession and MIDFIELD battle. So I guess he gets the credit for scrambling past Juve and beating PSG in the R16.

Real Madrid were weak for most of the second half of the 2017/2018 season only averaging around 2.05 ppg to finish 19 points behind Barcelona. This was despite Ronaldo scoring 22 goals from January onward.

So yes, the reason he'd win would be the World Cup.
Sorry that’s nonsense. Then you might as well say Ramos should have won one of these years. Or any other Real player. Like Bale who along with Karius is the reason Real actually won the CL.
Original post by MrMusician95
KANTE. I am being serious. He has been one of the most important players in world football this season. There's a reason the French squad praised him highly after they won the WC, but as he is a defensive player and doesn't make the headlines he will never get a chance to win the award.

It's like, as an Arsenal fan, when people say Aubameyang or Lacazette are our best/most important players. I instantly say no, it's definitely Torreira.

Kantè will not be in the ultimate 3-player shortlist sadly
Modric will win, he's had the best year.

Messi has performed the best every year for the past 10 years though.
Original post by Mohammed Imaadh
Kantè will not be in the ultimate 3-player shortlist sadly

I know he won't. And it sucks. Like I'm an arsenal fan, and everyone is saying our best player is Özil or Aubameyang etc. I think it's been Torreira this season.

Quick Reply

Latest