The Student Room Group

Ballon D'Or 2018

Scroll to see replies

You're not having the same discussion as me.
Original post by yudothis
Sorry that’s nonsense. Then you might as well say Ramos should have won one of these years. Or any other Real player. Like Bale who along with Karius is the reason Real actually won the CL.
There's only one player worthy of winning it...

Spoiler

Reply 22
Ronaldo again but with the rape allegations that may be a considering factor.
open ur small eyes messi will win
Messi and Ronaldo are not going to win. That's my last post in this thread until the new winner is announced.
Original post by astroworld
open ur small eyes messi will win
Original post by Wilfred Little
The season only started two months ago and the Ballon d'Or is awarded based on calander year performance. Also if you think a player winning the CL counts for nothing when it comes to the voting then I'd suggest you haven't been paying attention for the past fifteen years or so.

Madrid's season started in mid August, so it's like 30% of the club calendar he's done sod all - hardly negligible. He hadn't even done much in the league prior to this season, as I wrote earlier.

He isn't winning the Ballon D'or because of the CL, if it was a big factor this year, Ramos and Bale who were much more influential for the win would be contenders.

I'm well aware of the history of CL winners in the Ballon D'or - I never said there was no connection lol. Even then around half of the Ballon D'or succeses weren't CL winners, a notable example being Cannavoro in 2006 who had literally nothing that year outside the WC.
Congratulations to Luka Modric.
Reply 27
Ronaldo should have won personally(he's started the season well like usual) but because of the rape allegations they gave it to Modric.

Nice to see a new guy win it for a change but he's not winning it again which everyone knows.
Messi has not been appreciated enough in this generation
Reply 29
Na it's more the case that both Messi and Ronaldo been dominating and it is dependent on the CL winners and how far a team gets in the world cup.

Barcelona since 2011 been below par in the CL(14/15 aside)
Messi should have won. Robbed like he was in 2016.
Since 2008, the only one I thought Ronaldo was actually ahead of Messi was 2013. 2014 and 2017 they were about equal but just got given to the CL winner.

Quick Reply

Latest