The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

A Bit Confused On which is the best on Students Life and University Ranking

Hey, I just wanted to know which university I need to select as I got offer letters from the following universities. (January 2019)

1.Aston University ...Birmingham
2.Brunel University ...London
3.Anglia Ruskin University ...Cambridge
4.Hertfordshire University ...Hertfordshire

P.s and it's on Masters in Management in all except in Anglia as it is for International Business
Please give your feedback on the Places (Living, Night Life, People, International Students, Active Life) as I am an international student these things do matter as well as the reputation of the school in this field
Original post by AbhinavM
Hey, I just wanted to know which university I need to select as I got offer letters from the following universities. (January 2019)

1.Aston University ...Birmingham
2.Brunel University ...London
3.Anglia Ruskin University ...Cambridge
4.Hertfordshire University ...Hertfordshire

P.s and it's on Masters in Management in all except in Anglia as it is for International Business
Please give your feedback on the Places (Living, Night Life, People, International Students, Active Life) as I am an international student these things do matter as well as the reputation of the school in this field

Hi,

I realise you're mainly after another students personal opinion here, but is there anything specific you wanted to ask? Rather than me giving you the marketing sales pitch?

Josh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
QUOTE=Aston University;80701406]Hi,

I realise you're mainly after another student's personal opinion here, but is there anything specific you wanted to ask? Rather than me giving you the marketing sales pitch?

Josh

Hey Josh, Yeah it would be great if you could give me an insight on the university course and student life as well as the Birmingham Life. How Satisfied are international students there in the city ? is it lively? how are the student activities there in the university (Union, Clubs etc.)
Original post by AbhinavM
QUOTE=Aston University;80701406]Hi,

I realise you're mainly after another student's personal opinion here, but is there anything specific you wanted to ask? Rather than me giving you the marketing sales pitch?

Josh

Hey Josh, Yeah it would be great if you could give me an insight on the university course and student life as well as the Birmingham Life. How Satisfied are international students there in the city ? is it lively? how are the student activities there in the university (Union, Clubs etc.)

Hi,

Glad to hear you’re considering studying with us. Our business schools is one of 1% of business schools in the world holding triple accreditation and is also ranked Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework, these awards ensure that we maintain a very high standard for our teaching and want you to have a great experience whilst studying here.

I’ve lived in Birmingham my entire life so I’m a little bit bias, but I’ve seen it change immeasurably over the years, I genuinely think Birmingham in 2018 is the best Birmingham has ever been. Everything will be within a short walk for you as a student with the city centre just outside of our campus.

There is plenty to do, with hundreds of restaurants, both chains and independents (I would strongly recommend a trip to Bonehead or Original Patty Man) If you enjoy live music, there is always something going on somewhere in the city, with at least 12+ venues I can think of off the top of my head. Other than that there are plenty of attractions, the cinema, bowling, escape rooms, not to mention the retail therapy you can do in The Bullring.

In terms of nightlife, you’ll have plenty of choice on Broadstreet, from about twenty different nightclubs, but if you’re not into the Chart, Electronic and R’n’B they will be playing there are plenty of Indie, Alternative and Rock clubs around Digbeth and Livery Street.

The transport is pretty spot on too with a massive bus network to get your out and about if you want to leave the centre along with a train station that will get you to most places in England in under two hours. It also has a direct link to the airport.

We are just about to open a brand new students’ union in 2019 and expect this will grow our student activities even more, there are over a 100 clubs and societies already to join; from your traditional sports such as football and rugby to more unusual ones such as our Game of Thrones Society. There even used to be an Extreme BBQ society at one point…

Hope that helps, any questions just give me a nudge.
Josh :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest