The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

choosing between Warwick or Bath

i'm international student who want to study MSc Finance and i am choosing between Bath and Warwick. My heart is telling me Bath BUT i feel like Warwick graduates have better prospects for Investment Banking.

Also, i will pay international fees and Warwick tuition fee is higher than Bath by around 9,000 pound. Does it worth to pay the difference and choose Warwick?

Anyone could give me opinion about both Unis in terms of (Diversity, location, jobs, study methods....)

Thanks a lot
Both are great universities for finance, But Bath is not a RG uni and Warwick is in coventry which is not pleasant to say the least. You might get a better paying part time job around coventry because of the dominance of the motor industry.
Coventry is also comparatively cheaper to live with a wide diaspora of indian paki bangladeshi students studying at various universities.
Pick the one where you like the course structure more. Don’t worry about tuition ROI will be much higher no matter where you go out of these two.
Warwick enjoys a better reputation for accounting & finance.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply.

Why Bath is ranked higher than Warwick here? i'm confused

https://www.studyin-uk.com/top-ten-uk-universities/accounting-and-finance/
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for your reply.

Why Bath is ranked higher than Warwick here? i'm confused

https://www.studyin-uk.com/top-ten-uk-universities/accounting-and-finance/

That page is referring to guardian uni guide 2022. There are 3 national ranking guides in the UK - complete uni guide, guardian and times/sunday times group. If you check complete uni guide warwick is ranked higher than bath but it does not matter much as both the universities are ranked amongst the top 10 all 3 ranking guides. Just to let you know university of Strathclyde is ranked first on complete and times/sunday times guide but the same uni is ranked 8th on guardian, so don’t bother a lot about the rankings if the uni is appearing in top 5/10 in all these lists.
i'm international student who want to study MSc Finance and i am choosing between Bath and Warwick. My heart is telling me Bath BUT i feel like Warwick graduates have better prospects for Investment Banking.

Also, i will pay international fees and Warwick tuition fee is higher than Bath by around 9,000 pound. Does it worth to pay the difference and choose Warwick?

Anyone could give me opinion about both Unis in terms of (Diversity, location, jobs, study methods....)

Thanks a lot

Hi,

I'm in my 4th year at Warwick. Whilst I am not a part of the business school, I can speak from the University in general, that I've had a great time here and it's a great place to be. The campus has a nice community feel to it and always has lots going on. Warwick is a very diverse university and was named as one of the most International universities in the world (ranked 20th by Times Higher Education). Also from personal experience, in my first year, my flat was roughly half international students, half UK students, which was a great experience and pretty standard across most of my friend's flats.

With regards to location, I've lived in Leamington Spa the past 3 years which is a beautiful town about a 20 mins drive away from the campus, a bit longer by bus. The campus itself is close to Coventry which is very well connected to places like London (about 1 hour train) or Birmingham (25 mins train).

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer.

Davina
MSc Computer Science
University of Warwick
Reply 5

Thanks a lot

Hi which did you choose in the end? I am choosing this year out of the 2 and can not decide.
Hi which did you choose in the end? I am choosing this year out of the 2 and can not decide.

Hi there

Deciding which uni to firm and insure isn't easy but I would highly recommend making a pros and cons list. When I was deciding which uni I wanted to go to I made a list of all the factors that were important to me such as distance from home, student ratings, transport links e.g. nearest train station, facilities, career prospects, social life etc. I also read through both course structures in detail to see which one interested me the most. I would advise attending offer holder open days if you haven't already in order to get a better insight into which uni you could see yourself living in. Make sure to also look around the city/town as it is likely that you will live there in your second and third year so you want to make sure its easily accessibly to where your lectures will be held. Good luck with your decision!

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest