The Student Room Group

NVQ Business Administration.

I am currently coming to the end of my NVQ Diploma in Business Administration level 4. I want to go on to my Level 5 and from there do a degree in Business Administration. question I have is, will the NVQs I complete have any bearing on my Degree?

apologies if it don't make sense, new to adult learning and just getting some formal qualifications after years of practical work.
As far as I'm aware there is no level 5 in business administration. However level 3 and 4 are both on the UCAS tariff and should be sufficient to apply to university for a business degree.

However have you considered something like ILM as a level 5 and then 7 to spare the expense of attending university but still gain experience within the industry whilst earning a salary.
Hi could I ask how you found the course, I am looking to start and have a 19month old to sort too. Thank you
Hi Becky,
I started my level 3 last April when my son was 11 months and am now one assessment visit away from completing level 4 and he turned 2 a fortnight ago.

To be honest I think it depends a lot on your job role, I was lucky that I could provide lots of evidence through observations and discussions with my assessor. I also knew that the plan was to do both levels 3 and 4 successively so chose optional units for level 3 that were on the level 4 list so when I completed level 3 in March I only needed to complete an additional 3 units for level 4 award as they all mapped across.

There are also some units that don’t require evidence and are a multiple choice exam - I chose 3 of these and the others I did the knowledge questions for the written evidence rather than the report option and found it pretty easy to fit in when my son was in bed as they were short answer questions - if you haven’t time to type them there’s also the option of voice recording yourself and submitting that way.

Good Luck with whichever way you choose to study 😊

Original post by Becky2020
Hi could I ask how you found the course, I am looking to start and have a 19month old to sort too. Thank you
Hi thank you very much for your reply, i was thinking o jumping straight into level 4, do you think level 3 and topping up to make it level 4 like you have is a better way, thats good to know you can do multiple choice exam instead of essays .. can i ask were you studied? I have looked at open university!
Congratulations on nearing the end now!
Original post by HLRoberts
Hi Becky,
I started my level 3 last April when my son was 11 months and am now one assessment visit away from completing level 4 and he turned 2 a fortnight ago.

To be honest I think it depends a lot on your job role, I was lucky that I could provide lots of evidence through observations and discussions with my assessor. I also knew that the plan was to do both levels 3 and 4 successively so chose optional units for level 3 that were on the level 4 list so when I completed level 3 in March I only needed to complete an additional 3 units for level 4 award as they all mapped across.

There are also some units that don’t require evidence and are a multiple choice exam - I chose 3 of these and the others I did the knowledge questions for the written evidence rather than the report option and found it pretty easy to fit in when my son was in bed as they were short answer questions - if you haven’t time to type them there’s also the option of voice recording yourself and submitting that way.

Hello,

Did you have to dothe assignemnt part? If so I am really stuck on the Identify the nature, elements and types of organisational culture. Have you any ideas?

TIA
Original post by HLRoberts
Hi Becky,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending