The Student Room Group
Your friend needs to double check whether his extenuating circumstances will be allowed by his course department.

As outlined from the UCAS FAQ, ;Can I apply if I am already at university?

Yes. You will need to complete a new UCAS application; a previous application cannot be reused.

You can apply to start the first year of a different course at another university or college, or if you would like to continue to study a similar course, you can apply for entry to the second or third year at a different university or college as long as the course content is similar.

It is a good idea to discuss your application with the university or college you now wish to attend.'
...I think he would be able to do that! But that would mean he would have to start the 1st year again.

Tell him to check universities for his eligibility before applying. Good luck to him!

I hope it helps a bit.:smile:
Dream Out Loud
you can apply for entry to the second or third year at a different university or college as long as the course content is similar.

Just remember that this assumes that the student has passed the first year exams. It might be more sensible in this case to apply to start from the first year. You can still apply even now (before 30 June) but would need to check what is left (by talking to the universities) before doing so.
Reply 3
Your friend might also be well-advised to stop and think about why he has failed/will fail his first year before rushing into another course somewhere else. Apart from the fact that failing his first year will not make him an attractive candidate for first year entry, let alone second year, he can't afford to make another mistake. So he would be much better off taking time out to think through what he really wants to do, putting right (if he can) the things that led to his failure this year, and preparing a considered application for 2009 with a full range of choices available to him. Applying in a hurry now is not recommended.

Latest

Trending

Trending