The Student Room Group

How risky is submitting a ucas application on the deadline day?

I’ve heard ucas always crashes on the deadline day. I need the extra time to edit my personal statement. Let’s say I go on ucas website at around 5am on the 31st of January, would I be able to submit my application? As many people would be asleep at that time. I’m a private candidate btw so I send off my own application.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by JamieInit
I’ve heard ucas always crashes on the deadline day. I need the extra time to edit my personal statement. Let’s say I go on ucas website at around 5am on the 31st of January, would I be able to submit my application? As many people would be asleep at that time

I'm in the U.S. so I'm not quite sure when deadlines are, but I think it's pretty risky to submit at the last possible minute. If possible, I would suggest submitting at least a day or two in advance because you must factor in the point that many people are submitting around that time. If you absolutely need the time, take it, but try to submit your application early.
Is this you submitting or your school? because it will be late if the school haven't had a chance to do their bit
Reply 3
Original post by totallyfine
Is this you submitting or your school? because it will be late if the school haven't had a chance to do their bit

I’m submitting it
It’s not ideal but thousands of applicants do this every year.

It’s doubtful that any changes to your PS in the next 24 hours would make any difference to your chances of an offer.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
It’s not ideal but thousands of applicants do this every year.

It’s doubtful that any changes to your PS in the next 24 hours would make any difference to your chances of an offer.

Is there a chance that it won’t be sent? Even if I several hrs trying to submit before the deadline
Original post by JamieInit
Is there a chance that it won’t be sent? Even if I several hrs trying to submit before the deadline

If you try to submit before the deadline and have problems then ring UCAS immediately and make sure it is logged as a ticket/error on their systems.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
If you try to submit before the deadline and have problems then ring UCAS immediately and make sure it is logged as a ticket/error on their systems.

Will do. Thank you so much.
The other thing to prepare is to have the option of paying with a variety of different payment cards (talk to friends/relatives and ask them to be ready just in case you need their help).

Payment failures from cards outside the UK is one of the most common issues on deadline day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending