The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Private vs university-owned student accommodation

Hi,

Looking into student accommodation. What are the pros and cons?

I’m currently looking at Bagot Street which is a 5 min walk from Aston. Is social life and all that lot the same? Is it better?
Bagot street is my favourite too but I don’t want to go somewhere with rubbish student life
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Hi, Bagot Street runs a Village Life programme which consists of fun social activities like Welcome Parties, Pub Quiz, competitive games and more. Check out some of the Village Life events we've already had: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_2AZmBlT48 Bagot Street is also only a 10 minute walk from the city centre
Original post by Campus Living Villages
Hi, Bagot Street runs a Village Life programme which consists of fun social activities like Welcome Parties, Pub Quiz, competitive games and more. Check out some of the Village Life events we've already had: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_2AZmBlT48 Bagot Street is also only a 10 minute walk from the city centre

I see, interesting. I’m sure you are aware but I’ve noticed some bad reviews about Bagot Street. Are you able to comment on that? Everything else is nice, it’s just this is worrying me.
Original post by dinodash99
I see, interesting. I’m sure you are aware but I’ve noticed some bad reviews about Bagot Street. Are you able to comment on that? Everything else is nice, it’s just this is worrying me.

What bad reviews have seen about it?
Original post by Asiandoll
What bad reviews have seen about it?

If you go onto Google Maps then type into Bagot Street, they will be on there.

Of course, no one writes anything good about anything. They only write down stuff when there is a complaint so they might just be isolated?
Original post by dinodash99

Hi there, we take all of our feedback seriously and make sure to reply to every review that we get. If there are any serious issues that are ever brought to our attention, we make sure to escalate this internally and work towards improving our service. If you have any queries or concerns at all, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us (0161 850 6664 or [email protected]) as we're more than happy to chat about your future accommodation plans :smile:
Hi!

The Heights accommodation is just a 5 minute walk from Aston Uni and we have a great social life! We run so many different social events such as bingo, quizzes, tarot card reading, beauty day & many other events throughout the year for residents to participate in for free!

Would you like to come and have a look at our accommodation? I'd love to give you more information about us :biggrin:

Kindest Regards,
Sam
Original post by username4446254
Hi,

Looking into student accommodation. What are the pros and cons?

I’m currently looking at Bagot Street which is a 5 min walk from Aston. Is social life and all that lot the same? Is it better?

Quick Reply

Latest