The Student Room Group

Stock broker - Work Experiance

Hi
I am in London. Could I have some names of companies, where I can have work experiance? I am thinking of being a Stock Broker. So where should I go and get the work experiance?
Why work as a stock broker. Isn't that a back office position?

Also, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=259237
no it certainly isnt a back office job, its one of the best jobs u can have if ur at a BB IB!
john williams
no it certainly isnt a back office job, its one of the best jobs u can have if ur at a BB IB!

i thought it was a trader :s-smilie:
yes they are traders but stock brokers is similar buying for clients whereas banks can be both on buy/sell side. Either way ur getting xtra commision if your stocks go up, operations is completely different!
Hey, I'm in my final year at secondary school and i've done my work experience. I went to a Stockbroker firm about 40 miles from where I live. If i were you i'd contact them because I found it to be really interesting. The company name is Redmayne & Bentley, I had to contact their head office to get a work placement, though.
Good luck!
Reply 6
kearneykidda
Hey, I'm in my final year at secondary school and i've done my work experience. I went to a Stockbroker firm about 40 miles from where I live. If i were you i'd contact them because I found it to be really interesting. The company name is Redmayne & Bentley, I had to contact their head office to get a work placement, though.
Good luck!

What sort of work did you do there?
This is not a good time to be trying to get work experience in this type of sector. Comapanies have more pressing issues to attend to than babysitting useless people. The type of work you would be doing if you are lucky enough to be given some time is at best administrative, most likely observing and making the teas.
Reply 8
Work experience now is mostly just looking at the administrative side and making tea. However the bigger and better the name of the company the more the work experience counts - Good Luck!:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by kearneykidda
Good luck!

I know this was posted quite a while ago but I am currently in my first year of college and looking for work experience for February half term or Easter and I looked at the company you said and found they have an office about 20 miles away from me. I was just wanting to get some advice on how to approach them and what kind of things to say in my CV and covering letter.
Would you be willing to help me please?
Reply 10
Original post by kearneykidda
Good luck!

Original post by theseeker
What sort of work did you do there?

Hi, I'd like to second this question. What sort of work did you actually do there? Was it administrative?
welllllllll its mario kart
Hi there, are you able to provide the email which you contacted ? And also any tips on what to say lol, was it worth going ? Thanks,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending