The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Teachers deffinately knew what was on the exam, they have to practice it alot to make sure the experiment works. I am certain my teacher knew...
It's ineveitable that letting a teacher see a paper a few days before an exam will make the teacher think "woops - I didn't really teach that" and then go and teach it.

This will have been happening as long as pratical papers have existed, and OCR is only annoyed because they can no longer pretend it's not happening.

I wonder what delights await me with the new syllabi.

As for that poster who is taught by OCR's big cheese: Surely you are at a disadvantage because he'll be frightened of specifically teaching you whatever will be on the paper?
Reply 62
Angelil
Kolya - that may or may not be the case. Certainly looking at the comments on the BBC website, assuming the teachers on there are telling the truth, it would appear that the situation is as I have painted it (at least partly).

My teachers had definitely seen what was on the paper (they needed to to make sure they had the equipment etc for the experiment)... unfortunately they didn't give us any hints though :p: This isn't just a case of guessing what was on it, they knew.
Reply 63
fair enough.
Reply 64
I agree the teachers shouldn't REALLY have revealed what was on the exam, but in all honesty the practical exams and coursework alike have similar, stupid problems like this. If the OCR exam is anything like my practical exam for Biology, it's just basically controlled coursework with an extreme amount of pressure to do well, and you have no idea what could come up on the exam, it could be anything. But the thing is I see the teachers revealing what is on the exam as no more immoral as teachers bending the rules for students with their coursework, eg. giving them draft after draft for their coursework, telling them exactly what to write, some going as far as giving them lists of things to include to get the marks. This issue doesn't get as much attention as it's not an "exam", but it's still as important and carries the same amount of weighting and marks.

Latest