The Student Room Group

Anxiety

Hi I know this isn’t necessarily related to school but I finished sixth form last year and used this loads and don’t know any other things like this that I can use.
I broke my leg over 7 weeks ago now had to have surgery and all that been off work since and have another few weeks off I work as a healthcare assistant at the hospital it’s a job for my gap year to get me experience. I really want to go back but I’m so nervous I don’t speak to many ppl at my work as I was fairly new before the injury and my boss has only reached out to me once and hasn’t discussed me coming back to work should I be concerned and is it my responsibility to arrange when I should go back or should she be asking me. I’m really nervous about going back as I feel like I just got over being a newbie and I’ll be back to being new again. I also feel useless because I’m not working and even when I do work I feel that it’s not enough as it’s 3 12 hr shifts a week and occasionally another 6 I feel like this isn’t enough but I don’t always want to do an extra shift in the same job as I find it can be boring I’m worried it isn’t for me and if anyone else has had any similar issues.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by miawez123
Hi I know this isn’t necessarily related to school but I finished sixth form last year and used this loads and don’t know any other things like this that I can use.
I broke my leg over 7 weeks ago now had to have surgery and all that been off work since and have another few weeks off I work as a healthcare assistant at the hospital it’s a job for my gap year to get me experience. I really want to go back but I’m so nervous I don’t speak to many ppl at my work as I was fairly new before the injury and my boss has only reached out to me once and hasn’t discussed me coming back to work should I be concerned and is it my responsibility to arrange when I should go back or should she be asking me. I’m really nervous about going back as I feel like I just got over being a newbie and I’ll be back to being new again. I also feel useless because I’m not working and even when I do work I feel that it’s not enough as it’s 3 12 hr shifts a week and occasionally another 6 I feel like this isn’t enough but I don’t always want to do an extra shift in the same job as I find it can be boring I’m worried it isn’t for me and if anyone else has had any similar issues.

TSR is for all so don't stress it.

You got social anxiety, this was one of my inner devils of the past. A way to overcome this is confidence; talk, walk and breathe with confidence. You don't win any awards for being awkward, so it's a disservice to yourself.

Regarding work-related matters, you have to speak up first, explain the surgery to them, and discuss the best time to start work again. We all start out as newbies in a new place, freely make mistakes no one can criticise you for being new.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending