The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied to do Law at KCL (English and French Law) and didn't hear until the end of March. A friend applied for Law as it is and heard in January. This is not very inspiring, I know, but at least it might help you put your mind at ease for a bit.
Reply 2
I have heard rumours of January for KCL.
Reply 3
I have had an offer for Law with German Law, which I got on the 21st October. But perhaps it's something to do with the German which made them process it quicker? I know there aren't so many applicants.
Reply 4
OK thanks for your help everyone! Much appreciated :smile:
when places like KCL and Notts state their offer at AAB do they mean it or do they actually only offer to people predicted AAA beacuse they are competitive places?
Reply 6
By the way i know someone who has an AAB offer for KCL...so looks like they have already started dishing out the offers
were they predicted AAB OR AAA?
Reply 8
PrincessParadox
were they predicted AAB OR AAA?

AAA and will easily get AAA
Reply 9
I got my offer last year for law at KCL in January - I was predicted 3 As and got an AAB offer.

My personal tutor is one of the admissions staff - when we went out to lunch with him he indicated the standard offer would stay at AAB this year even though last year they gave out 200 less offers and were still over quota bya good 50 people!
so do you think they only give out offers to people predicted AAA then?
Reply 11
PrincessParadox
so do you think they only give out offers to people predicted AAA then?

Well they didnt last year - I know people that were predicted AAB and have ended up at KCL. Plenty of them didn't get the B in their AS level either - at least not at first attempt.
Reply 12
I guess they are more likely to give offers to people who have AAA predictions, rather than AAB. It simply depends on supply and demand I think, if they have enough AAA applicants to fill their quota then it is more than likely that most offers will be given to AAA people. But if they do not have enough AAA applicants, I would assume they would then consider AAB people.

It's nice to know that they are hoping to keep offers at AAB - even Sheffield has gone up to AAA this year!

Zip It123, has your friend got an offer for straight Law, or a combination with a language or something?
Reply 13
Lauren18
I guess they are more likely to give offers to people who have AAA predictions, rather than AAB. It simply depends on supply and demand I think, if they have enough AAA applicants to fill their quota then it is more than likely that most offers will be given to AAA people. But if they do not have enough AAA applicants, I would assume they would then consider AAB people.

It's nice to know that they are hoping to keep offers at AAB - even Sheffield has gone up to AAA this year!

Zip It123, has your friend got an offer for straight Law, or a combination with a language or something?

his offer is AAB for straight law
Reply 14
cool thanks for the info, do you know when he applied and what his A2 predictions are?
Reply 15
Do you guys think i stand some sort of chance for Law at Kings or LSE?
A levels predicted AAB (Maths)
GCSEs 5a*4As
Reply 16
Spoon
Do you guys think i stand some sort of chance for Law at Kings or LSE?
A levels predicted AAB (Maths)
GCSEs 5a*4As

Yes because you fit the Admissions criteria :smile:

Anyone predicted AAB/b or higher is in with a "chance." How good that chance is depends on a good mixture of PS, Reference, Subjects, motivation, work experience, extra curric and a dash of luck... :wink:
Reply 17
ok i was really wondering because i know law is heavily oversubscribed at these universities and so i assumed they would have plenty of straight A candidates to select from.
Reply 18
I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

King's wouldn't make their offers AAB/b if they didn't want to admit Undergraduates with AAB offerings. :smile:

Good luck. :biggrin:
Reply 19
i reckon the KCL replies will start coming faster soon....

i just got an offer AAB from them :smile:

Emily

Latest

Trending

Trending