Reply 20
ahaha i dont hate U2, i just prefer lots of other stuff :biggrin:

Aye brian is still alive and rockin'
Hendrix is overrated.

The Who were pretty amazing yes

uth :smile:
Reply 21
Hendrix overrated?!£!$!"$%!"%!??
He technically pushed guitar playing at that level into the mainstream, he could not read music, had a right hand guitar that he played left hand and learnt all by ear.
He was a genius and that would be underating him, as a player he wasn't the best its people liek Steve Vai and Joe Satriani but as an influence he is one of the biggest.
:biggrin:
Reply 22
Hendrix was technically average, artisticly brilliant.
Reply 23
Devel
Lets not forget Van Halen.....

Might as well JUMP!

One song guaranteed to make me jump around.
Reply 24
please let's not get into a hendrix argument, lets just say he was one of the most influential guitarist (and not he was the best, a genius etc etc).
I say we talk about pink floyd! great band and david gilmour is just awesome
Reply 25
AC/DC, The Who, Cream, The Doors, King Crimson ! :smile:

Hating U2!
Reply 26
Stef90
please let's not get into a hendrix argument, lets just say he was one of the most influential guitarist (and not he was the best, a genius etc etc).
I say we talk about pink floyd! great band and david gilmour is just awesome

Yes i have a lot of respect for david. Although i'm not that keen on floyd's style :s-smilie:
Prefer led zepo :biggrin:
Reply 27
Everyone, the classic rock society is now official!

Join Here

Uthred =]
Reply 28
Who would you say is the greatest Classic Rock singer then, I'd personally go with Steven Tyler just because he rules. :wink:
Reply 29
that question is unanswerable really..
Up in the running are:
Freddie Mercury
Robert Plant
Ronnie James Dio
Steve Tyler
Axl Rose?
Reply 30
uthred50

Axl Rose?

errr......no :p:
sure he might be talented, but he was and will always be a prick :biggrin:
Reply 31
yeh true i dont like him or his singing to be honest. That why i put the "?"
I know some people adore him though...
I think there's noone really like freddie mercury. He just had that special something :smile:
Reply 32
Axl Rose was a genius, his voice was just what rock was about, it was unique, gritty and powerful and his songs just captured the essence of being radical and outspoken, which rock should be! :biggrin:
I dont think he wrote some of the songs with any meaning, such as One In A Million, I mean it was one of the most homophobic and racist songs in history but considering Slash's mother was black and he played with Elton John and at the Freddie Tribute he cant of truly meant the lyrics but he did get a lot of publicity for it and in turn more sales. :wink:
I agree about Freddie Mercury, I mean the Live Aid gig was spectacular and his vocal's were untouchable, he was a better singer than Steven Tyler and Robert Plant but I dont think he was as rocky as they were but he was downright amazing and probably the greatest front man of all time.
Reply 33
Wow essay!
aha no s'all good
Glad you agree about freddie :smile:

Brian May is my hero btw :biggrin:

uth
Reply 34
Ye I tend to ramble on :biggrin:.
Brian May is amazing, I think he was his own worst enemy when he played more simple solo's when he had the ability to play anything, that said thou I Want It All is stunning and Bohimean Rhapsody, well what can you say about that song. :biggrin:
Bon Jovi's guitarist Richie Sambora is my personal favourite, hes more melodic and Bon Jovi may or may not be seen as classic rock but Sambora does rule in my eyes :biggrin:.

I think a lot of Queens material such as Who Wants To Live Forever and These Are The Days Of Our Live have a huge impact now Freddie died, there much more meaningful and it makes it more powerful. :wink:
Reply 35
Bon Jovi is classic rock yes :smile:

And i know! Those song are so meaningful. And after he died the other three recorded No-one But You; that really makes me sad. :frown:

And Queen's early albums totally rule too. The songs like You & I, Great King Rat and Tenement Funster. Yeahh now we're talking!!

Sorry i just love queen :biggrin:
Reply 36
Another revision late nighter broken up by classic rock discussion :biggrin:.

If Bon Jovi is classic rock then they are my favourite classic rock band because they are my favourite band :biggrin:, I think the range of music that they've done is amazing and they are one of the best live bands ever.

Queen were really the first classic rock band I liked, I liked them when I was young but lost intrest then started listening to music in general again at like 14 and they came up, so they were the triggers into my classic rock love :biggrin:.

Bon Jovi is the one for me thou:wink: (I like every single on of their solo works to, Richie Sambora's two solo albums are my favourite of all time, you must check them out on youtube!)

Mama just killed a man, put a gun against his head........

I'm still waiting for a new Guns N' Roses to take over the charts and knock all this crappy indie and emo music off, I mean its all exactly the same now. Although Chinese Democracy maybe released this year by Guns N Roses (After almost two decades in production) and some of the leaked tracks are amazing.
Reply 37
Yeh chinese democracy should rule!
Ive loved queen forever too. My mum had (and still has) all the queen LP's :biggrin:
I was brought up on queen lol.

Hmm with bon jovi john's voice gets on my nerves a lil after a bit sometimes. Like axl rose but not near as bad.
Having said that i'm listening to the lost highway album at the moment :biggrin:

ooh and please help get new members for our beloved society too! :smile:
uth =]
Reply 38
People just dont appriciate the classics anymore :biggrin:.
Lost Highway is amazing, its one of those albums where only two songs are really well known but the rest are even better, it has a slight country influence but its not too much and its still got the Sambora sound :wink:.
Reply 39
aha true :smile:

wow we have 4 members :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest